By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Switch sales are “unprecedented” for Nintendo

Iwata would be proud of the success of his last project.

Nintendo announced this week that Switch sales have surpassed 10 million units worldwide in its first nine months. For a new system that launched early in the year rather than during the holidays, that’s pretty darn good.

CNET spoke with Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime after hearing about Switch’s big sales. He called Switch’s sales “unprecedented” before adding that its pace “is one of the fastest in our own history and in gaming history.”

Reggie told the site:

“The fact that we reached 10 million units sold on a global basis and we’re not fully through the holidays is unprecedented territory for Nintendo. The pace is one of the fastest in our own history and in gaming history.”

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

every time somebody comes out and says "Nintendo is still doomed" news stories like this come out just to prove them wrong

Nice news. Now to keep the software output coming. I'm expecting great things for 2018.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

While this is awesome, I want to know how many they shipped for post black friday because I am now seeing them in stock at every store I go to. Though its amazing the overall sales considering there have been zero price reducing bundles.

I mean, if it's "one of" the fastest pace in Nintendo's history then I'd hardly call that unprecedented. Switch has had a fantastic first 9 months. Keep it going.

Around the Network

Yes! Keep on going Nintendo!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

"He called Switch’s sales “unprecedented” before adding that its pace “is one of the fastest in our own history and in gaming history.”"

How is it unprecedented when its not even the fastest selling gaming system?

If it's unprecedented, wouldn't that mean there is no precedent? If it's one of their best-selling that must mean that a precedent has already been established.

Color TV Game - Everyone Laughs
NES - Nintendo is #1
Game & Watch - No one pays attention
Gameboy - Everyone loses their shit
SNES - Genesis enters and things become intense, 50-50 here
Virtual Boy - Worst Nintendo System in many peoples eyes...
N64 - Possibly best Nintendo System in many peoples eyes... Oh wait, "Plummer Boy, your worst nightmare has arrived."
Gameboy Color - Oh yeah, they have a handheld with Pokemon. You're fine Nintendo
Game Boy Advance - NOTHING WILL STOP NINTENDO!!!
Gamecube - Well, it was nice knowing you Nintendo
Nintendo DS - Best Selling System of all time. To-shay
Nintendo WIi - A console and a handheld that is selling hotcakes?? Goodbye Playstation and Xbox
Nintendo 3DS (original launch) - "They can't even outsell the DS. Luckily they still have the Wii and DS"
Nintendo Wii U - "What a stupid name, Nintendo is going third party"
Nintendo Switch - "Unprecedented"

Of course these are all taken out of context. The point is never count these guys out, they stick to their 'old school' culture because it has kept them alive for over a century. It will be interesting since the Switch could become their next handheld and console... I would assume that would be bad for business

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e