By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4’s 2018 exclusive games: One of the best years for a console in gaming history?

History? Lol absolutely not! This gen? Not erven that. Looks alright but far from best. Every year in the 4th/5th gen has every year in this gen beat by a country mile.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
Flilix said:
Nintendo had Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Echoes, Metroid: Samus Returns, ... all in one year. Sure, Sony's 2018 may turn out to be better than Nintendo's 2017, but so far it isn't, imo.

Considering that Zelda: BotW and Mario Odyssey are probably GOTG contenders then yes Nintendo had a bigger year.

I’ve changed the title, bc I can see where this is already headed. It’s my fault. This is not what I want for this thread. 

pitzy272 said:
LipeJJ said:
Not even close. Lol

Are you going to contribute anything else to go along with that statement?

He is right. There is nothing more to say really because your statement could just as well be a joke or a sarcastic thread.

''Hadouken!''

I don't own a PS4, but it seems that the lineup displayed this year is superior in many ways than the next year's one. Horizon ZD, Persona 5, NieR Automata, Nioh, one Yakuza game (I don't remember the name), the Crash Compilation, a GT game, Ys Lacrimosa...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

NI NO KUNI:  1/2018

- Yay

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS REMAKE:  2/6/18

- YAY

YAKUZA 6: 3/2018

- Eh

GOD OF WAR:  “early 2018”. Though GoW games have always released in March. Oh, and the Game length is checking out at 25-35 hours.

- Eh

DETROIT:  Spring 2018, so approximately April-June.

- Ugh

SPIDER-MAN:  First half of 2018. I think Sony would want to release this while there was still a lot of hype over Avengers: Infinity War, which releases 5/4/18. So i would suspect either May or June (nless it gets delayed). 

- Whoo!

DAYS GONE:  Only window given was 2018, to my knowledge. Shu said the game is playable from beginning to end, and that Bend is now only working on polishing the game.

- Yay

DREAMS:  Only window given was 2018. It will also have a beta. 

- I don't even

CONCRETE GENIE:  2018

- What?

DISSIDIA FF:  2018

- Eh

IGN video—“Sony’s 2018 First Party Traffic Jam”

http://m.ign.com/videos/2017/12/10/sonys-2018-first-party-traffic-jam-psx-2017

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

2017 was one of the best years in gaming already. 2018 looks even better!

Ajax said:
pitzy272 said:

Are you going to contribute anything else to go along with that statement?

He is right. There is nothing more to say really because your statement could just as well be a joke or a sarcastic thread.

What’s the point of commenting if you’re going to contribute nothing? Please go elsewhere if you just want to make arrogant statements with nothing behind them. If you want to give your opinion, and state why, that’s absolutely welcome. 

I feel like we get this discussion almost every year. What I will say though, is that other than all of the DLC/microtransactions/constant patches and updates these past few years have been great for gaming.

pitzy272 said:
Farsala said:
Yeah personally looks pretty terrible exclusive wise. 2017 had Persona 5, Nioh, Yakuza which these 3 alone > everything 2018. And thats without mentioning top games like Uncharted, GT Sport and the glorious most valorous Knack 2.

To be fair the games in 2018 have to actually release before I can judge them, but just going off my personal expectations it doesn't look too good.

Well I’m not saying this as much in terms of my personal taste; rather, more from an objective perspective—like what will the average person and Game news website say at the end of 2018. I have no interest in Ni No Kuni 2, Dissidia FF, Yakuza, and maybe even others on that list. They’re on the list bc they’re quality exclusives, in spite of how I personally feel about them. 

Well before 2017 happened and comparing 2017 and 2018 the supposed biggest system seller would be GT Sport. Of course we know about the issues with that game now. God of War is looking to be a big seller like it usually is, but it is still a wait and see game. Yakuza=Yakuza and Nioh, Nier, Persona 5 > the other japanese games objectively.

Detroit, Days Gone and Spiderman are wildcards. I admit to being pessimistic about 2018 and I appreciate your optimism as I was very optimistic about 2017 and it worked out great.

pitzy272 said:
Ajax said:

What’s the point of commenting if you’re going to contribute nothing? Please go elsewhere if you just want to make arrogant statements with nothing behind them. If you want to give your opinion, and state why, that’s absolutely welcome. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_by_year

''Hadouken!''