Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced for PS4, Xbox One and Switch

vivster said:
Is that gonna be the one they don't fuck up?

they done fucked it up with no collection edition

Around the Network

If this one is more like the first Valkyria Chronicles then the time has come for me to buy a PS4 or a Switch.

Ah, I'm so happy with that.

I'll buy it at launch on PS4 and if it lives up to the original, I'll double dip for the Switch version too.

So happy.

OTBWY said:
It's great to see this previously Playstation console exclusive coming to other platforms. I can see more and more PS popular franchises coming to the Switch.

Agreed, and i think we're going to see the same from many 3DS franchises. The Switch is going to force a lot of SD franchises to jump into HD development, which is going to make porting many of them to the PS4 an attractive proposition (especially Japanese titles looking to broaden their international reach). Likewise though, the Switch being a popular HD system makes it a lot more viable for titles that have previously have skipped the 3DS because of technical limitations.

All in all i expect both Nintendo and PlayStation gamers will be pretty happy. They're going to 'lose' exclusives, but they're going to gain access to more games. Seems like a good trade to me.

This is so nice. I expect native 3840×2160, 60fps, though.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

Hey now, I've never played the originals, but I'm still interested in it. Don't count bases on other consoles out just yet.

The first one was flat-out one of my favorite gaming experiences of last gen--or of any gen, really.  It was unique, it was fun, it was beautiful, and the story was top-notch.  It completely drew me in emotionally.  Let's just say that at one point I had to cut the console off and it took two days before I could overcome my heartbreak enough to go back.

This makes me very happy.  I can't wait to play it.

I'm glad that it's on other platforms, too.  If it's as good as the first one then I want it to be as successful as possible.

You might like the artwork and visual style, as well, which was awesome.  I loved it.

Man, that makes me wanna play the 1st one greatly. I have a copy of it so I'll bump it up my list of games to play, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Zekkyou said:
OTBWY said:
It's great to see this previously Playstation console exclusive coming to other platforms. I can see more and more PS popular franchises coming to the Switch.

Agreed, and i think we're going to see the same from many 3DS franchises. The Switch is going to force a lot of SD franchises to jump into HD development, which is going to make porting many of them to the PS4 an attractive proposition (especially Japanese titles looking to broaden their international reach). Likewise though, the Switch being a popular HD system makes it a lot more viable for titles that have previously have skipped the 3DS because of technical limitations.

All in all i expect both Nintendo and PlayStation gamers will be pretty happy. They're going to 'lose' exclusives, but they're going to gain access to more games. Seems like a good trade to me.

I think that's great for these mid-range type of games. Sure, it'll go to PS4 first, but porting to the Switch may not be as complex for Japanese developers. Plus, this can give extra life towards these types of games on Switch due to its portability factor, which is something Square Enix pointed out and are showing with games like Octopath Traveler, I am Setsuna, and Lost Sphere. And as you said, the 3DS franchises can potentially grow and do more than they were able to do on the 3DS due to technical limitations. Thus, series like Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, Bravely (if Octopath Traveler doesn't become Bravely by name), Etrian Odyssey, Story of Seasons, and SMT (which is already confirmed to release an exclusive to the Switch).

First game was one of my favorites last gen. Hope this one comes close.

It's good to see that the Switch is getting support from Japan's best studios (unlike the Vita before it, which was mostly stuff from niche developers. The 3DS on the other hand wasn't powerful enough to run some of these franchises).

- Dragon Quest XI
- Dragon Quest Builders I & II
- Project Octopath Traveller
- Travis Strikes Back: No More Heroes
- Shin Megami Tensei V
- Valkyria Chronicles 4

Now we just need an announcement from From Software (a Dark Souls collection perhaps) and Dragonball Fighter Z.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides