By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official Software Adjustments Thread

TalonMan said:

So - I guess I'm confused about terminology first, so maybe you can help me better understand and then I'll be able to figure out whether something is wrong or whether the display is just confusing...  ;)

1 - When you say "Overall Ranking List" - exactly what are you referring to? Link?

2 - When you say "Switch Best Selling List" - again, exactly what are you referring to? The link you gave right after mentioning that, is the game search page filtered to just show all Switch games - not a "best selling" list.

3 - I really don't understand the question regarding Dynasty Warriors 8 - and I'm sure it's just me, but I'm not following what your question is? I see DW8 in the database as a Switch game only - how are you seeing a relation to either of those 3DS games??

 

I'm happy to help - I just honestly don't know that I'm fully understanding the issues... :(

Thanks for looking into this.

Lol, I knew this would not be that easy to explain with text...

1- http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/                Basically a blank search in the Game database.

2- Well, I call it "Switch best selling list" because games are ranked based on their total worlwide sales. In any case, the three games I mentionned do not appear here as they should.

3- Yes, Dynasty Warriors 8 indeed appears in the database as it should. The thing is when the update that did bring the first numbers for Dynasty Warriors 8 (and samurai warriors, they released the same day) went up, the two games appearing here (http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/83/nintendo-switch/) were two 3DS games (- Miracle Tunes! Game de Tune Up! Tabun!, -Cake-ya San Monogatari: Ooishii Sweets o Tsukurou!). As you can see, those two 3DS games are still in the switch list (the list mentionned in point 2) whereas Dynasty warriors and Samurai warriors are not.

Concerning point 3, it is still possible that the unexpected presence of the two 3ds games has nothing to do with the absence of the two switch games despite the chronology.

I hope I was able to explain things a bit better. Don't hesitate to ask again if not...lol



Around the Network
Symbios63 said:
TalonMan said:

So - I guess I'm confused about terminology first, so maybe you can help me better understand and then I'll be able to figure out whether something is wrong or whether the display is just confusing...  ;)

1 - When you say "Overall Ranking List" - exactly what are you referring to? Link?

2 - When you say "Switch Best Selling List" - again, exactly what are you referring to? The link you gave right after mentioning that, is the game search page filtered to just show all Switch games - not a "best selling" list.

3 - I really don't understand the question regarding Dynasty Warriors 8 - and I'm sure it's just me, but I'm not following what your question is? I see DW8 in the database as a Switch game only - how are you seeing a relation to either of those 3DS games??

 

I'm happy to help - I just honestly don't know that I'm fully understanding the issues... :(

Thanks for looking into this.

Lol, I knew this would not be that easy to explain with text...

1- http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/                Basically a blank search in the Game database.

2- Well, I call it "Switch best selling list" because games are ranked based on their total worlwide sales. In any case, the three games I mentionned do not appear here as they should.

3- Yes, Dynasty Warriors 8 indeed appears in the database as it should. The thing is when the update that did bring the first numbers for Dynasty Warriors 8 (and samurai warriors, they released the same day) went up, the two games appearing here (http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/83/nintendo-switch/) were two 3DS games (- Miracle Tunes! Game de Tune Up! Tabun!, -Cake-ya San Monogatari: Ooishii Sweets o Tsukurou!). As you can see, those two 3DS games are still in the switch list (the list mentionned in point 2) whereas Dynasty warriors and Samurai warriors are not.

Concerning point 3, it is still possible that the unexpected presence of the two 3ds games has nothing to do with the absence of the two switch games despite the chronology.

I hope I was able to explain things a bit better. Don't hesitate to ask again if not...lol

I'm sorry - and I'm sure it's me being stupid, but I'm still not following! LOL!!!

 

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/games.php?page=2&results=50&name=&console=NS&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&ownership=Both&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&developer=&goty_year=&alphasort=&showtotalsales=1&shownasales=1&showpalsales=1&showjapansales=1&showothersales=1&showpublisher=1&showdeveloper=1&showreleasedate=1&showlastupdate=1&showvgchartzscore=0&showcriticscore=0&showuserscore=0

DW8 appears on the second page, position #80. You don't see it? Samurai Warriors is also here, one position higher at 79 - and nowhere in this entire list, do I see a single 3DS game...???

 

I also don't see any 3DS games when I'm looking at this.

 



TalonMan said:
Symbios63 said:

Thanks for looking into this.

Lol, I knew this would not be that easy to explain with text...

1- http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/                Basically a blank search in the Game database.

2- Well, I call it "Switch best selling list" because games are ranked based on their total worlwide sales. In any case, the three games I mentionned do not appear here as they should.

3- Yes, Dynasty Warriors 8 indeed appears in the database as it should. The thing is when the update that did bring the first numbers for Dynasty Warriors 8 (and samurai warriors, they released the same day) went up, the two games appearing here (http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/83/nintendo-switch/) were two 3DS games (- Miracle Tunes! Game de Tune Up! Tabun!, -Cake-ya San Monogatari: Ooishii Sweets o Tsukurou!). As you can see, those two 3DS games are still in the switch list (the list mentionned in point 2) whereas Dynasty warriors and Samurai warriors are not.

Concerning point 3, it is still possible that the unexpected presence of the two 3ds games has nothing to do with the absence of the two switch games despite the chronology.

I hope I was able to explain things a bit better. Don't hesitate to ask again if not...lol

I'm sorry - and I'm sure it's me being stupid, but I'm still not following! LOL!!!

 

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/games.php?page=2&results=50&name=&console=NS&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&ownership=Both&boxart=Both&showdeleted=®ion=All&developer=&goty_year=&alphasort=&showtotalsales=1&shownasales=1&showpalsales=1&showjapansales=1&showothersales=1&showpublisher=1&showdeveloper=1&showreleasedate=1&showlastupdate=1&showvgchartzscore=0&showcriticscore=0&showuserscore=0

DW8 appears on the second page, position #80. You don't see it? Samurai Warriors is also here, one position higher at 79 - and nowhere in this entire list, do I see a single 3DS game...???

 

I also don't see any 3DS games when I'm looking at this.

 

Hmmm okay I think I got it what he is saying.

 

He is talking about this page: http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/83/nintendo-switch/)

And not this page: http://www.vgchartz.com/games/games.php?page=2&results=50&name=&console=NS&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&ownership=Both&boxart=Both&showdeleted=®ion=All&developer=&goty_year=&alphasort=&showtotalsales=1&shownasales=1&showpalsales=1&showjapansales=1&showothersales=1&showpublisher=1&showdeveloper=1&showreleasedate=1&showlastupdate=1&showvgchartzscore=0&showcriticscore=0&showuserscore=0

 

Yeah for some reason, the list from the first link it does have Warriors Orochi but DW8 and SW is missing, and those two 3DS games he mencioned are there, but in the second new database from the second link, everything (As far as I can see) are normal,those games are included and those 3DS games are gone.



Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

TalonMan said:

I'm sorry - and I'm sure it's me being stupid, but I'm still not following! LOL!!!

 

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/games.php?page=2&results=50&name=&console=NS&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&ownership=Both&boxart=Both&showdeleted=®ion=All&developer=&goty_year=&alphasort=&showtotalsales=1&shownasales=1&showpalsales=1&showjapansales=1&showothersales=1&showpublisher=1&showdeveloper=1&showreleasedate=1&showlastupdate=1&showvgchartzscore=0&showcriticscore=0&showuserscore=0

DW8 appears on the second page, position #80. You don't see it? Samurai Warriors is also here, one position higher at 79 - and nowhere in this entire list, do I see a single 3DS game...???

 

I also don't see any 3DS games when I'm looking at this.

 

 

Stuart23 said:

Hmmm okay I think I got it what he is saying.

 

He is talking about this page: http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/83/nintendo-switch/)

And not this page: http://www.vgchartz.com/games/games.php?page=2&results=50&name=&console=NS&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&ownership=Both&boxart=Both&showdeleted=®ion=All&developer=&goty_year=&alphasort=&showtotalsales=1&shownasales=1&showpalsales=1&showjapansales=1&showothersales=1&showpublisher=1&showdeveloper=1&showreleasedate=1&showlastupdate=1&showvgchartzscore=0&showcriticscore=0&showuserscore=0

 

Yeah for some reason, the list from the first link it does have Warriors Orochi but DW8 and SW is missing, and those two 3DS games he mencioned are there, but in the second new database from the second link, everything (As far as I can see) are normal,those games are included and those 3DS games are gone.

Yep, Stuart23 got that right !

Believe it or not, I never had the idea to use the search fonction of the new database page (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/     ) to display a switch best selling list...lol

Anyway, when you are on the website main page. You go to "Charts" then "Platform totals" and then you pick the Nintendo switch. You will be brought here :

http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/83/nintendo-switch/

This is where the "problems" are. Maybe from platform totals, it would be better to link to (http://www.vgchartz.com/games/games.php?page=2&results=50&name=&console=NS&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&ownership=Both&boxart=Both&showdeleted=®ion=All&developer=&goty_year=&alphasort=&showtotalsales=1&shownasales=1&showpalsales=1&showjapansales=1&showothersales=1&showpublisher=1&showdeveloper=1&showreleasedate=1&showlastupdate=1&showvgchartzscore=0&showcriticscore=0&showuserscore=0)

if the "old" page is not updated properly anymore for some reasons (and do this for all platforms). 

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, I will have no more problem updating my thread using the "new" page.

Thank you.



By the way Talon, while we're at it, what does that "Last Update" date on the new db means? Is it the last time they updated the sales of that game, or the last time they updated the informations of that game?

Also I really liking the new look,congrats.



Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

Ah - ok, ok. Yeah, that link shouldn't even be there anymore - in fact, the URL rewrite should have automatically directed you to the new (correct) search page all along. Where are you seeing that link so I can fix it? Last Update is the last time anything about the game itself was changed...



TalonMan said:
Ah - ok, ok. Yeah, that link shouldn't even be there anymore - in fact, the URL rewrite should have automatically directed you to the new (correct) search page all along. Where are you seeing that link so I can fix it? Last Update is the last time anything about the game itself was changed...

On the site main page, in the top menu, Go to "Charts, Platform Totals". This will bring you here : http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

From here, just click on any system and it will bring you to an "old" page. 

 

On the main page, in the top menu, if you go to "Charts, Game Totals", you will be redirected to the right/new page (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/). So this one is fine.



Symbios63 said:
TalonMan said:
Ah - ok, ok. Yeah, that link shouldn't even be there anymore - in fact, the URL rewrite should have automatically directed you to the new (correct) search page all along. Where are you seeing that link so I can fix it? Last Update is the last time anything about the game itself was changed...

On the site main page, in the top menu, Go to "Charts, Platform Totals". This will bring you here : http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

From here, just click on any system and it will bring you to an "old" page. 

 

On the main page, in the top menu, if you go to "Charts, Game Totals", you will be redirected to the right/new page (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/). So this one is fine.

Also if you go to the weekly software sales pages and click in any system you also are redirect to the old page.



Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

The algorithms have been updated by Brett (cause of the delay in the charts last week), so fingers crossed no more hold ups.

This week's adjustments:

UK:

Increases:
PlayStation VR Worlds (PS4)
FIFA 18 (PS4)
FIFA 18 (X360)
FIFA 18 (NS)
Super Mario Odyssey (NS)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS)
Forza Motorsport 7 (Xone)
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (NS)
WWE 2K18 (PS4)
WWE 2K18 (Xone)
The Sims 4 (PS4)
1-2-Switch (NS)
Prey (2017) (PS4)
Prey (2017) (Xone)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (XOne)
Hidden Agenda (PS4)
Forza Horizon 3 (Xone)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
Rocket League (Xone)
Rocket League (PS4)
Splatoon 2 (NS)
Need for Speed Payback (PS4)
Need for Speed Payback (Xone)
LEGO Worlds (Xone)
Minecraft (Xone)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Xone)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PS4)
Doom (2016) (Xone)
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xone)
Doom VFR (PS4)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PSVR (PS4)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4)
Everybody’s Golf (PS4)
Destiny 2 (PS4)
ncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Sonic Forces (PS4)
Knack 2 (PS4)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
Madden NFL 18 (PS4)
Injustice 2 (PS4)
Knowledge is Power (PS4)
Friday the 13th: The Game (PS4)
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (PS4)
F1 2017 (PS4)
The Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame (PS4)
Just Dance 2018 (PS4)
WipEout Omega Collection (PS4)


Decreases:
FIFA 18 (Xone)
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Origins (Xone)
Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4)
Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) (Xone)
Minecraft (PS4)
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xone)
The Escapists 2 (Xone)
Ashes Cricket (Xone)
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xone)
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (Xone)
Fallout 4 (Xone)
Rayman Legends (Xone)
Rayman Legends (PS4)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege (Xone)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4)
NBA 2K18 (PS4)
NBA 2K18 (Xone)
Sonic Forces (Xone)
Pokken Tournament (NS)
Minecraft: Story Mode (NS)
ARMS (NS)
Skylanders Imaginators (NS)
One Piece: Unlimited World Red (NS)
Nights of Azure 2 (NS)
Troll and I (NS)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (NS)
88 Heroes: 98 Heroes Edition (NS)
Mario Party 3D (3DS)
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
Super Mario Maker (3DS)
Zelda: OoT (3DS)



Machina said:

The algorithms have been updated by Brett (cause of the delay in the charts last week), so fingers crossed no more hold ups.

This week's adjustments:

UK:

Increases:
PlayStation VR Worlds (PS4)
FIFA 18 (PS4)
FIFA 18 (X360)
FIFA 18 (NS)
Super Mario Odyssey (NS)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS)
Forza Motorsport 7 (Xone)
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (NS)
WWE 2K18 (PS4)
WWE 2K18 (Xone)
The Sims 4 (PS4)
1-2-Switch (NS)
Prey (2017) (PS4)
Prey (2017) (Xone)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (XOne)
Hidden Agenda (PS4)
Forza Horizon 3 (Xone)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
Rocket League (Xone)
Rocket League (PS4)
Splatoon 2 (NS)
Need for Speed Payback (PS4)
Need for Speed Payback (Xone)
LEGO Worlds (Xone)
Minecraft (Xone)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Xone)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PS4)
Doom (2016) (Xone)
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xone)
Doom VFR (PS4)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PSVR (PS4)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4)
Everybody’s Golf (PS4)
Destiny 2 (PS4)
ncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Sonic Forces (PS4)
Knack 2 (PS4)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
Madden NFL 18 (PS4)
Injustice 2 (PS4)
Knowledge is Power (PS4)
Friday the 13th: The Game (PS4)
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (PS4)
F1 2017 (PS4)
The Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame (PS4)
Just Dance 2018 (PS4)
WipEout Omega Collection (PS4)


Decreases:
FIFA 18 (Xone)
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Origins (Xone)
Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4)
Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) (Xone)
Minecraft (PS4)
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xone)
The Escapists 2 (Xone)
Ashes Cricket (Xone)
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xone)
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (Xone)
Fallout 4 (Xone)
Rayman Legends (Xone)
Rayman Legends (PS4)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege (Xone)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4)
NBA 2K18 (PS4)
NBA 2K18 (Xone)
Sonic Forces (Xone)
Pokken Tournament (NS)
Minecraft: Story Mode (NS)
ARMS (NS)
Skylanders Imaginators (NS)
One Piece: Unlimited World Red (NS)
Nights of Azure 2 (NS)
Troll and I (NS)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (NS)
88 Heroes: 98 Heroes Edition (NS)
Mario Party 3D (3DS)
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
Super Mario Maker (3DS)
Zelda: OoT (3DS)

These are a lot of adjustments. Thank you for all your work!