By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds dev making new IP for Ps4 and Switch

Bluehole, the South Korea-based studio behind PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Tera, and the newly announced Ascent: Infinite Realm, is working on a PlayStation 4 and Switch title targeting the Asian market, the company announced.

The new title, which has not been revealed as it is still in the early stages of development, is a new property not based on existing titles such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and Tera.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Makes me wonder how they are going to manage working on PuB, the MMO they are working on PC for and this new IP. Either they are going to manage all 3, or all 3 will turn out badly.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Bristow9091 said:

Couldn't find an exact number anywhere, but their page on LinkedIn says they have 501-1000 employees... if that's to be believed (Didn't exactly do extensive research, just googled it and clicked a few links, lol), then I'd say they're capable of managing all three games. 

I hope they manage with that many people. Remember when Ubisoft had multiple sets of employees working on Unity?  

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Great news . Ps4 and switch 2 promising platforms. I hope it succeeds.

what genre are they going to try and claim ownership for now?

Around the Network

Well,"microsoft should buy bluehole" goes completely out the window now.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:

Well they could always buy the battlegrounds ip and leave the studio.  If they were to keep it pc/xb1 exclusive it could explain their decision. 

flashfire926 said:

is that a pun? :O

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
flashfire926 said:

is that a pun? :O

It is now, and it's quite punny.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

flashfire926 said:

They declined TenCent from buying them out, I wouldn't imagine them accepting MS's offer. They've already made a ton of money from PuB so far, and likely more if their MMO and the other IP succeed.