1. Should I buy a Switch now, or wait for a deal on BF or closer to Christmas? I feel like Nintendo doesn’t often do major discounts or bundles. So would I get the same deal now as I would during BF/the holidays?
2. I realllly would like to play the old Super Mario Galaxy games. Can I buy these and other prior-gen Nintendo games digitally on the Switch/Nintendo store? Or is the Switch BC?
3. Will I be able to enjoy Zelda BotW if I’ve never played a Zelda game before?
4. Is there any peripheral or anything else I have to buy other than what comes with the Switch? I’ve heard people talk about some alternate controller? Not sure what that’s about...
Sorry I know so little about Nintendo/the Switch. But thank you in advance for any and all answers! :) And any other tips or useful info you want to share is welcome as well!
1. Good luck expecting a discount bundle from Nintendo themselves - they are fickle when it comes to that, you are gonna have to depend on in store bundle deals. A few days prior to BF all of the deals will be available online to inspect so you can decide which store to go to find whichever bundle you like. Considering its the system's first BF, its likely you wont see much bundles other than the ones already out like the one that has Mario Odyssey digitally.
2. Switch is not b/c. There is a chance that SMG/SMG2 could be remaster or re-released if they ever have a Wii VC kinda like they did with the WiiU but thats anyone's guess when that will be.
3. Yes. You will probably not notice the cameos or easter eggs but you can easily start with BotW, bear in mind any game you may play that came out prior to BotW will not give you the same experience so your expectations should be a bit lower when playing older titles. Each one is unique but BotW is really special.
4. The Switch Pro controller, buy that if you wish to play games like with a standard controller. They go for $70 a piece, so more expensive than a game. I'm planning to get one too when I buy my Switch sometime next year or in 2019.