By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

Ryuu96 said:
Bandorr said:

FireFox.  Had to crop it to get the size. But you can see the top, size, "black", and trends.

Ok, thanks, looks like it's an issue with Chrome only.

My Chrome works as well. Same with Microsoft Edge(which I've never logged onto vgchartz using).  And IE. No issues.

So maybe it is an account thing some how?

Or maybe I don't know what "dark mode" is. I would think it a setting, but it is automatically "dark" in any browser I pull it up on.

What's suppose to be dark - the back ground edges, or the "white" part of the website? Like in my picture I have black on white. Is that suppose to be white on black?

EDIT: yeah no. I have "Standard" yet. I'm not using dark mode. I was confused since I think the black around the edges is dark mode. Didn't think about the fact that dark mode would be white on black, on black on white. Ignore my posts.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 23 March 2020

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network

For those that don't know, to pick the theme, hover over your avatar in the upper right, and then pick settings.

I like the Blue theme. (and yes, it does require supporter level, between that and no ads it's totally worth it).

jlauro said:
For those that don't know, to pick the theme, hover over your avatar in the upper right, and then pick settings.

I like the Blue theme. (and yes, it does require supporter level, between that and no ads it's totally worth it).

What about Dark mode being broken? It doesn't display properly for me or several others that use it. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
jlauro said:

What about Dark mode being broken? It doesn't display properly for me or several others that use it. 

I assume that would have to be @TalonMan to fix the theme.

(or are you are stuck in dark mode and can't get switched to something else because it's broke?  I could probably override those settings)

jlauro said:
trunkswd said:

I assume that would have to be @TalonMan to fix the theme.

(or are you are stuck in dark mode and can't get switched to something else because it's broke?  I could probably override those settings)

Trucks is going to fix it. Had a chat with him. I was able to switch over to standard theme. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Dark theme is fixed now.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Dark theme is fixed now.

Thanks Truck for the quick fix. 

Ryuu96 said:

We're aware dark theme has gone to shit, I've pinged the Admins, bear with us please! In the meantime Standard and Blue work fine.

trunkswd said:
S.Peelman said:
Not sure if something's going on behind the scenes, but Dark Mode broke.

Tried it on PC and mobile (on which I use the desktop site), both the same. You know, when you only see text and pictures above each other without any lay-outing. Not sure what's it's called. But anyway, Standard Mode does work like it's supposed to, but that doesn't look as good.

We are aware of the issue. I use Dark Mode and thought the whole site was broken when I got up this morning. I used Dark Mode on every site that has it.

Okay thanks, no biggie, I’ll use the Standard for now. 👍🏻

S.Peelman said:
Ryuu96 said:

We're aware dark theme has gone to shit, I've pinged the Admins, bear with us please! In the meantime Standard and Blue work fine.

trunkswd said:

We are aware of the issue. I use Dark Mode and thought the whole site was broken when I got up this morning. I used Dark Mode on every site that has it.

Dark mode should be working again. Truck fixed the issue. 

trunkswd said:
S.Peelman said:

Dark mode should be working again. Truck fixed the issue. 

It does, tested on Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

Thank you very much to you and Truck!