By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

Not sure if something's going on behind the scenes, but Dark Mode broke.

Tried it on PC and mobile (on which I use the desktop site), both the same. You know, when you only see text and pictures above each other without any lay-outing. Not sure what's it's called. But anyway, Standard Mode does work like it's supposed to, but that doesn't look as good.

Around the Network

Don't mean to cut into S.Peelman's issue but the New Post reminded me to provide the update I said I'd provide earlier.

I've been off and on at home since the DDoS protection settings have been changed. Multi-thread tabbing, Post-liking, etc....no issues.

I can be considered a heavy instance user. I may middle-click-open several threads and like notifications from the VGC Buddy in a very brief moment (up to 40 in just a few seconds). Since the edits, I have not had a single thread, new post, edit or Like time out. Everything has function as it expected. Whatever changes Jlauro made to the firewall DDoS settings seems to have fixed the issue on my end. Fantastic job isolating the issue and applying the solution.

Now, back to S.Peelman's issue. And the problem you are experiencing is the CSS isn't loading. Odd that it only affects one skin though..

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

We're aware dark theme has gone to shit, I've pinged the Admins, bear with us please! In the meantime Standard and Blue work fine.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 March 2020

Ryuu96 said:

We're aware dark theme has gone to shit, I've pinged the Admins, bear with us please! In the meantime Standard and Blue work fine.

Speaking of Blue theme. I think that is supporter only? 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

S.Peelman said:
Not sure if something's going on behind the scenes, but Dark Mode broke.

Tried it on PC and mobile (on which I use the desktop site), both the same. You know, when you only see text and pictures above each other without any lay-outing. Not sure what's it's called. But anyway, Standard Mode does work like it's supposed to, but that doesn't look as good.

We are aware of the issue. I use Dark Mode and thought the whole site was broken when I got up this morning. I used Dark Mode on every site that has it.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

What's wrong with dark mode? My Dark mode is working perfectly fine.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:

What browser are you using?

jlauro said:
Bandorr said:

That leaves me two questions.

1) Is there any way to fix that.

2) Can I close VGchartz in firefox (but leave firefox open) and just open vgchartz in chrome to fix this?

It should be fixed now, at least for anyone who logs in.

Firefox is being impolite, but not causing real problems as it's mainly wasting idle connections.  The caps were put in place because of some bots and other things doing denial of service attacks or speed crawling the site and other bad behavior.  That type of bad behavior tend to never login....

Yes, if you close VGchartz in firefox (but leave firefox open) it probably wouldn't trigger.  You might have to wait for firefox to release it's connections which can take awhile after closing a tab.  (You can check with netstat).  I probably place a higher limit for authenticated connections later.

Thank you so much for this fix!
It was so annoying that the site died for me every few minutes. I use a lot of tabs and hit that cap probably very quickly.

Ryuu96 said:
Bandorr said:

FireFox.  Had to crop it to get the size. But you can see the top, size, "black", and trends.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
Ryuu96 said:

FireFox.  Had to crop it to get the size. But you can see the top, size, "black", and trends.

Ok, thanks, looks like it's an issue with Chrome only.