By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

I'm getting an error every time I post a comment on an article. It appears as though my comments are not posting. However, they actually are. Considering the suddenly higher number of deleted comments, my guess is others are seeing the issue. I think this has been occurring for about 24 hours now.



Around the Network
VAMatt said:

I'm getting an error every time I post a comment on an article. It appears as though my comments are not posting. However, they actually are. Considering the suddenly higher number of deleted comments, my guess is others are seeing the issue. I think this has been occurring for about 24 hours now.

Lol, I thought something was weird when I saw one article have repeated doubled comments.

@Bandorr 



Bandorr and I are doing stuff with Articles/Comments. So, you may see Syntax Errors from time-to-time.

Bare with it, if you guys don't mind!



                                                                                                                                                           

not sure if its related but im getting " kirby007 posted something on 's wall on 31 December 1969 "



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

CGI-Quality said:

Bandorr and I are doing stuff with Articles/Comments. So, you may see Syntax Errors from time-to-time.

Bare with it, if you guys don't mind!

That is good to know. Working on mod stuff for article comments? 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

not sure if its related but im getting " kirby007 posted something on 's wall on 31 December 1969 "

Did you respond to a bot that wrote on your wall?

trunkswd said:
CGI-Quality said:

Bandorr and I are doing stuff with Articles/Comments. So, you may see Syntax Errors from time-to-time.

Bare with it, if you guys don't mind!

That is good to know. Working on mod stuff for article comments? 

Various things yes.



You are bound to love Earthbound.

trunkswd said:
CGI-Quality said:

Bandorr and I are doing stuff with Articles/Comments. So, you may see Syntax Errors from time-to-time.

Bare with it, if you guys don't mind!

That is good to know. Working on mod stuff for article comments? 

Yep. Adding some stuff that's a bit overdue.



                                                                                                                                                           

Bandorr said:
kirby007 said:

not sure if its related but im getting " kirby007 posted something on 's wall on 31 December 1969 "

Did you respond to a bot that wrote on your wall?

trunkswd said:

That is good to know. Working on mod stuff for article comments? 

Various things yes.

You are doing great work! I really appreciate it.



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

CGI-Quality said:
trunkswd said:

That is good to know. Working on mod stuff for article comments? 

Yep. Adding some stuff that's a bit overdue.

Yeah, I know all about that. He has done great work behind the scenes for the sales side of things.

Once everything is set up and tested to ensure it works correctly the Platform Totals page (https://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/) will be more accurate as it will display the correct VGC data for 7th gen and newer as right now some of that data is wrong. We will also be able to manually change the figures for the older consoles. Including software numbers. Ie. we will be able to update the lifetime Switch software figures to match Nintendo's latest numbers. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yep. Adding some stuff that's a bit overdue.

Yeah, I know all about that. He has done great work behind the scenes for the sales side of things.

Once everything is set up and tested to ensure it works correctly the Platform Totals page (https://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/) will be more accurate as it will display the correct VGC data for 7th gen and newer as right now some of that data is wrong. We will also be able to manually change the figures for the older consoles. Including software numbers. Ie. we will be able to update the lifetime Switch software figures to match Nintendo's latest numbers. 

I'm going to be helping more seriously soon. I'll be attempting to fix, and add, features.