By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

TruckOSaurus said:
YukikoAmagi said:

I did message Talon, but he hasn't been on in weeks and I have no other method of contacting him.

I've wiped all the info from your bio. As for deleting the entry itself, I'm not comfortable doing that as I'm not 100% sure it won't affect something somewhere is this spaghetti code that is VGC.

Thank you, do you have the option to delete my gaming profiles there too?



 

Around the Network
YukikoAmagi said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I've wiped all the info from your bio. As for deleting the entry itself, I'm not comfortable doing that as I'm not 100% sure it won't affect something somewhere is this spaghetti code that is VGC.

Thank you, do you have the option to delete my gaming profiles there too?

What do you mean by "gaming profiles"?



Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
YukikoAmagi said:

Thank you, do you have the option to delete my gaming profiles there too?

What do you mean by "gaming profiles"?

If you go on my page, it lists my usernames for Steam, PSN, XBL, etc.



 

YukikoAmagi said:
TruckOSaurus said:

What do you mean by "gaming profiles"?

If you go on my page, it lists my usernames for Steam, PSN, XBL, etc.

I'll do that too... just have to find where the info is stored.



Signature goes here!

When will the new site go live?



Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
YukikoAmagi said:

If you go on my page, it lists my usernames for Steam, PSN, XBL, etc.

I'll do that too... just have to find where the info is stored.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I know I'm a real pain in the ass, which is why the sooner I leave, the better =P



 

YukikoAmagi said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'll do that too... just have to find where the info is stored.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I know I'm a real pain in the ass, which is why the sooner I leave, the better =P

They are gone now.



Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
YukikoAmagi said:

Thank you, I appreciate it. I know I'm a real pain in the ass, which is why the sooner I leave, the better =P

They are gone now.

Thank you.



 

JapaneseGamesLover said:
One big issue this site should fix is the Cookies framework as an opt in and not an opt-out.
Clear distinction for accepting all advertising cookies or essential cookies. This is important, because the site is available to users from EU, where GDPR is applicable and can lead to big fines, if found by a Data Protection Authority. As a person working in data privacy, i advise you to look into it as a high-level priority

Just wanted to highlight this one again, I don't think I ever got asked the question about how my data gets handled by the site, which is unlawful by now and would technically allow European users sue the site for it.

Best practices on it's implementation: https://edpb.europa.eu/our-work-tools/general-guidance/gdpr-guidelines-recommendations-best-practices_en

And if you want to read the whole legal text: https://gdpr-info.eu



Bofferbrauer2 said:
JapaneseGamesLover said:
One big issue this site should fix is the Cookies framework as an opt in and not an opt-out.
Clear distinction for accepting all advertising cookies or essential cookies. This is important, because the site is available to users from EU, where GDPR is applicable and can lead to big fines, if found by a Data Protection Authority. As a person working in data privacy, i advise you to look into it as a high-level priority

Just wanted to highlight this one again, I don't think I ever got asked the question about how my data gets handled by the site, which is unlawful by now and would technically allow European users sue the site for it.

Best practices on it's implementation: https://edpb.europa.eu/our-work-tools/general-guidance/gdpr-guidelines-recommendations-best-practices_en

And if you want to read the whole legal text: https://gdpr-info.eu

it is mentioned the moment you sign up for an account



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.