Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG is an “XBO console exclusive”

Whether it's a console exclusive, Early access exclusive or what ever I don't know but looking at games that have the "Xbox One console exclusive" tag they have remained that way like Quantum Break, Recore, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, Halo Wars 2 and In comparison Dead Rising 4 and Rise of Tomb Raider never had the "Xbox One console exclusive" tag which were both 1 year timed exclusives.

Around the Network

It's an exclusive until it's not, just like ROTTR.

PUBG probably had 1 year timed exclusivity, but MS after seeing how big it got, probably threw a shit ton more money to keep it away from the PS4, I dont expect it on PS4 before 2019.

By that time PUBG could've lost all hype in favor of something else. These type of games have very fickle userbases on PC, they jump from one game to another.

Who knows, there could be another big battle royale surprise next year, RDR2, Far Cry 5? It could even be from a Sony studio. Days Gone could have it.

PUBG's twitter links to this news article

https://news.xbox.com/2017/10/31/pubg-coming-xbox-one-december-12-2017/?ocid=Evergreen_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_10.31.4

In it it says "launch exclusive" whatever that may mean.

As long as it is console exclusive to X1 I don't see a problem writing "console exclusive" on everything.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

But Phil said... nevermind.

We all know Phil was crying during Paris Games Week when Sony showed Last of Us Part Two, Shadow of the Colossus, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Spiderman and Detroit: Being Human.

Last edited by Radek - on 01 November 2017

At E3 they clearly said launch exclusive.

I find it funny how people get all confused/upset when MS uses the term launch exclusive for these games but when Sony showcases a ton of indies/digital titles as console launch exclusive no one seems confused or angry.

It's pretty simple. It's going to launch on Xbone first and be exclusive for awhile, then will come to PS4.

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/playerunknowns-battlegrounds

When was this announced? I know they gave the release date for early access on 12/12/17, but nowhere did I read or hear that it is now officially an XBO console exclusive. If this was official, MS would’ve blasted this everywhere. Is this just more of MS’s deceptive advertising, and they mean “console exclusive for 2017” like what they pulled with Rise of the Tomb Raider?

It was announced at their e3.

Now they don't have the word "Launch" on their website, but that doesn't mean anything has changed. They just don't have to be as forecoming as e3, where they'd be roasted for deceptiveness.

LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

LudicrousSpeed said:

I find it funny how people get all confused/upset when MS uses the term launch exclusive for these games but when Sony showcases a ton of indies/digital titles as console launch exclusive no one seems confused or angry.

It's pretty simple. It's going to launch on Xbone first and be exclusive for awhile, then will come to PS4.

When has Sony EVER used a term as ridiculous as «console launch exclusive»?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Sterling did a video recently about how this industry is one built on lies, and people just roll with it. The bending and misshaping of the word "exclusive" is pretty minor compared to other fibs and bald-faced lies of this gen.

Tmfwang said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

They say "console exclusive debut" which is literally the same thing.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Tmfwang said:

They say "console exclusive debut" which is literally the same thing.

When did they say that?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1