By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG is an “XBO console exclusive”

flashfire926 said:
Hiku said:
Remember MS's E3 presentation when they said they had "40 exclusives" or something like that?
Probably their interpretation of words again.

They said 42 games, not exclusives

They clearly  said " exclusive" 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

It’s a console „release“ exclusive, nothing more. It’ll come to PS4 sooner than people expect. It’s just on X1 until the official release date.

flashfire926 said:
Hiku said:
Remember MS's E3 presentation when they said they had "40 exclusives" or something like that?
Probably their interpretation of words again.

They said 42 games, not exclusives

They still said 22 exclusives, of those only 5 were real exclusives and the rest were all timed „console launch exclusives“. Just deceptive wording.

Haha is it so hard to understand what the message is? The moment PUBG launches on X1 is a console exclusive until it launches on another platform. This word exclusive has really hurt the gaming industry.

d21lewis said:
I'd never even heard of this game a month or two ago but apparently it's a phenomenon. From what I understand, it is supposed to debut on Xbox and then go to PlayStation. With such a lack of exclusive games and a need for compelling software, maybe Microsoft will bite the bullet and buy this game.

Microsoft have the money indeed, but at this point, buying PUBG would cost so much, it might not be worth it. Its status as a "phenomenon" is not an understatement.

Around the Network

Whether it's a console exclusive, Early access exclusive or what ever I don't know but looking at games that have the "Xbox One console exclusive" tag they have remained that way like Quantum Break, Recore, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, Halo Wars 2 and In comparison Dead Rising 4 and Rise of Tomb Raider never had the "Xbox One console exclusive" tag which were both 1 year timed exclusives.

It's an exclusive until it's not, just like ROTTR.

PUBG probably had 1 year timed exclusivity, but MS after seeing how big it got, probably threw a shit ton more money to keep it away from the PS4, I dont expect it on PS4 before 2019.

By that time PUBG could've lost all hype in favor of something else. These type of games have very fickle userbases on PC, they jump from one game to another.

Who knows, there could be another big battle royale surprise next year, RDR2, Far Cry 5? It could even be from a Sony studio. Days Gone could have it.

PUBG's twitter links to this news article

https://news.xbox.com/2017/10/31/pubg-coming-xbox-one-december-12-2017/?ocid=Evergreen_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_10.31.4

In it it says "launch exclusive" whatever that may mean.

As long as it is console exclusive to X1 I don't see a problem writing "console exclusive" on everything.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

At E3 they clearly said launch exclusive.

I find it funny how people get all confused/upset when MS uses the term launch exclusive for these games but when Sony showcases a ton of indies/digital titles as console launch exclusive no one seems confused or angry.

It's pretty simple. It's going to launch on Xbone first and be exclusive for awhile, then will come to PS4.

pitzy272 said:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/playerunknowns-battlegrounds

When was this announced? I know they gave the release date for early access on 12/12/17, but nowhere did I read or hear that it is now officially an XBO console exclusive. If this was official, MS would’ve blasted this everywhere. Is this just more of MS’s deceptive advertising, and they mean “console exclusive for 2017” like what they pulled with Rise of the Tomb Raider?

It was announced at their e3.

Now they don't have the word "Launch" on their website, but that doesn't mean anything has changed. They just don't have to be as forecoming as e3, where they'd be roasted for deceptiveness.