Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG is an “XBO console exclusive”

Remember MS's E3 presentation when they said they had "40 exclusives" or something like that?
Probably their interpretation of words again.

Around the Network

It's pretty simple, really. It's an "exclusive" until it's not. Deceptive? Certainly. I mean, the platform holder can pretend to not know another version is in the works and the developer can pretend they aren't thinking about another platform but at the end of the day it's still an exclusive until that other version appears. They really don't have to be transparent.

pokoko said:
It's pretty simple, really. It's an "exclusive" until it's not. Deceptive? Certainly. I mean, the platform holder can pretend to not know another version is in the works and the developer can pretend they aren't thinking about another platform but at the end of the day it's still an exclusive until that other version appears. They really don't have to be transparent.

True. I think they'll still make a bid for it if it's big enough for Xbox though. There's not a lot of big titles coming their way right now, so at least having this mega-popular game in their corner could act as a selling point. It's a ready-made hit they don't have to over-market.

Hiku said:
Remember MS's E3 presentation when they said they had "40 exclusives" or something like that?

They said 42 games, not exclusives

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

pokoko said:

pretty much.

until a ps4 version is announced technically it is exclusive

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Hiku said:

They clearly  said " exclusive" 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

It’s a console „release“ exclusive, nothing more. It’ll come to PS4 sooner than people expect. It’s just on X1 until the official release date.

flashfire926 said:
Hiku said:

They still said 22 exclusives, of those only 5 were real exclusives and the rest were all timed „console launch exclusives“. Just deceptive wording.

Haha is it so hard to understand what the message is? The moment PUBG launches on X1 is a console exclusive until it launches on another platform. This word exclusive has really hurt the gaming industry.

d21lewis said:
I'd never even heard of this game a month or two ago but apparently it's a phenomenon. From what I understand, it is supposed to debut on Xbox and then go to PlayStation. With such a lack of exclusive games and a need for compelling software, maybe Microsoft will bite the bullet and buy this game.

Microsoft have the money indeed, but at this point, buying PUBG would cost so much, it might not be worth it. Its status as a "phenomenon" is not an understatement.