By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG is an “XBO console exclusive”

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/playerunknowns-battlegrounds

When was this announced? I know they gave the release date for early access on 12/12/17, but nowhere did I read or hear that it is now officially an XBO console exclusive. If this was official, MS would’ve blasted this everywhere. Is this just more of MS’s deceptive advertising, and they mean “console exclusive for 2017” like what they pulled with Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I don't get what the OP is supposed to say? You're saying they're saying it's a console exclusive but at the same time saying that they haven't said that yet? Well... have they said that or not?

Click the link. It’s listed as XBO console exclusive, but there was no news or announcement about this, unless I somehow missed it. But there’s no way MS would just stealthily and subtly announce HUGE news like this. They would have blasted it everywhere. So either this is completely false, or it was mistakenly listed early, before they were ready to make the official announcement. 

No it's not, people need to stop falling for pr tactics. Just as it's obvious crash isn't PS4 exclusive this isn't either.

Big news if that's the case.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Playstation_awaiter said:
No it's not, people need to stop falling for pr tactics. Just as it's obvious crash isn't PS4 exclusive this isn't either.

If PUBG isn’t an XBO exclusive, this wouldn’t be PR; it would be straight up lying and false advertising. 

Around the Network

I'd never even heard of this game a month or two ago but apparently it's a phenomenon. From what I understand, it is supposed to debut on Xbox and then go to PlayStation. With such a lack of exclusive games and a need for compelling software, maybe Microsoft will bite the bullet and buy this game.

pitzy272 said:
Playstation_awaiter said:

If PUBG isn’t an XBO exclusive, this wouldn’t be PR; it would be straight up lying and false advertising. 

When has that ever stopped a publisher/developer? Raiden V MOSS said was staying on Xbox..1 year later it just came out on PS4. Capcom said Dead Rising 3 was exclusive to Xbox then a year later came out on PC. RE4 was supposed to be Gamecube exclusive. Ubisoft lies about it's visuals every year..hell even Naughty Dog does and lie about thier AI.  Sony insisted TLG was coming to PS3 and not PS4. A million more examples.

It's pretty simple, really. It's an "exclusive" until it's not. Deceptive? Certainly. I mean, the platform holder can pretend to not know another version is in the works and the developer can pretend they aren't thinking about another platform but at the end of the day it's still an exclusive until that other version appears. They really don't have to be transparent.

pokoko said:
It's pretty simple, really. It's an "exclusive" until it's not. Deceptive? Certainly. I mean, the platform holder can pretend to not know another version is in the works and the developer can pretend they aren't thinking about another platform but at the end of the day it's still an exclusive until that other version appears. They really don't have to be transparent.

True. I think they'll still make a bid for it if it's big enough for Xbox though. There's not a lot of big titles coming their way right now, so at least having this mega-popular game in their corner could act as a selling point. It's a ready-made hit they don't have to over-market.

Hiku said:
Remember MS's E3 presentation when they said they had "40 exclusives" or something like that?
Probably their interpretation of words again.

They said 42 games, not exclusives

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.