By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Super Mario Odyssey’s highest resolution is 1080p in TV mode

When you're looking at the sky or ground, full 1080p! (maybe)

Recently Completed
Rage 2
for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I wouldn't be surprised either way, nor would I mind it too :p

They have 60fps covered so that's good

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Well we will find if this is true this week probably. :)

Sweet! Now can we please get a next gen wave race with beautiful water effects Nintendo??!! The things I would do for a new wave race.

They could be right. In Photo Mode anyway. In Photo Mode I think DF confirmed that the game uses higher quality assets, so I wouldn't be surprised if instead of AA they just used a higher resolution during that mode.

Around the Network
TheSpindler said:
They could be right. In Photo Mode anyway. In Photo Mode I think DF confirmed that the game uses higher quality assets, so I wouldn't be surprised if instead of AA they just used a higher resolution during that mode.

I expect Photo Mode will lock to 1080p/30fps with AA, just like the Plaza in Splatoon 2.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

How come people are still taking photos of their screens?

curl-6 said:
TheSpindler said:

I expect Photo Mode will lock to 1080p/30fps with AA, just like the Plaza in Splatoon 2.

That's pretty much what Digital Foundry said about photo mode in the last demo build. 30fps, higher viewing distance and distance details, still on 900p in the demo tho. Don't remember about AA

andisart said:
curl-6 said:

That's pretty much what Digital Foundry said about photo mode in the last demo build. 30fps, higher viewing distance and distance details, still on 900p in the demo tho. Don't remember about AA

In that analysis they did say photo mode adds AA.

What I think the deal is, is that they're locking down 900p performance first, then they'll uncap it for the final game so when it has the headroom to go up go above 900p it does, topping out at 1080p and locking at that maximum in photo mode due to the extra leeway the 30fps cap in this mode gives.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.