By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Super Mario Odyssey’s highest resolution is 1080p in TV mode

They could be right. In Photo Mode anyway. In Photo Mode I think DF confirmed that the game uses higher quality assets, so I wouldn't be surprised if instead of AA they just used a higher resolution during that mode.

Around the Network
TheSpindler said:
They could be right. In Photo Mode anyway. In Photo Mode I think DF confirmed that the game uses higher quality assets, so I wouldn't be surprised if instead of AA they just used a higher resolution during that mode.

I expect Photo Mode will lock to 1080p/30fps with AA, just like the Plaza in Splatoon 2.

How come people are still taking photos of their screens?

curl-6 said:
TheSpindler said:

I expect Photo Mode will lock to 1080p/30fps with AA, just like the Plaza in Splatoon 2.

That's pretty much what Digital Foundry said about photo mode in the last demo build. 30fps, higher viewing distance and distance details, still on 900p in the demo tho. Don't remember about AA

andisart said:
curl-6 said:

That's pretty much what Digital Foundry said about photo mode in the last demo build. 30fps, higher viewing distance and distance details, still on 900p in the demo tho. Don't remember about AA

In that analysis they did say photo mode adds AA.

What I think the deal is, is that they're locking down 900p performance first, then they'll uncap it for the final game so when it has the headroom to go up go above 900p it does, topping out at 1080p and locking at that maximum in photo mode due to the extra leeway the 30fps cap in this mode gives.