By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - List of Physical Switch Games (NA Releases & English Imports)

JRPGfan said: 

How many of those are physical releases? and how many are only digital? no idea.

It's annoying because I wanted to add a SIMPLE flag to that precious table of theirs on Wikipedia to indicate physical release or not, and those smug a**holes just wouldn't let me!! Absolutely LOATHE Wikipedia...

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Wow, this thread is awesome! Thanks for bumping it up.

You're welcome!! I have a TON of updating to do as I kind of let this fall by the wayside while posting in the Third Party Society thread. Since that thread has died, I need to get this thing back up to date. I have everything on my spreadsheet here, so it's just a matter of updating the OP...

OTBWY said:
JRPGfan said:

Im not gonna count em all, but just eyeballing it, theres like 250 or so games not "yet" released in NA on that list.

So Im guessing a "actual" number of released games would be around ~600.
How many of those are physical releases? and how many are only digital? no idea.

There was a website once with a total number of released games. But I can't find it anymore. It's frustrating that we don't have this data.

We could certainly have the data here on VGChartz - just need users who are willing and able to help us update our database. Unlike Wikipedia, we are ABSOLUTELY open to our community for input and suggestions, and actually allow for them to post data (so long as it's clean and accurate)...  :)

Around the Network

"It's annoying because I wanted to add a SIMPLE flag to that precious table of theirs on Wikipedia to indicate physical release or not, and those smug a**holes just wouldn't let me!! Absolutely LOATHE Wikipedia..."

Honestly all those Gamelists for consoles should have a flag for that (digital & physical).
Ive found myself wondering why there wasnt such a thing a time or two myself.

JRPGfan said:
"It's annoying because I wanted to add a SIMPLE flag to that precious table of theirs on Wikipedia to indicate physical release or not, and those smug a**holes just wouldn't let me!! Absolutely LOATHE Wikipedia..."

Honestly all those Gamelists for consoles should have a flag for that (digital & physical).
Ive found myself wondering why there wasnt such a thing a time or two myself.

Their argument is that it's not "verifiable" - that sourcing a retailer who is PHYSICALLY SHIPPING ITEMS TO YOUR DOOR, isn't a verifiable source for the information. Believe me, I had an all out BATTLE with these jackasses, and they just refused to give in...

Complete refresh of data as the last update I had made was back in November!

I will keep this list up to date, from here out. I will also likely be adding a few imports that I feel are relevant to this thread. There are some "physical" releases that have an "English" option, but were released only outside North America...

I think it is important to have a list of physical games on the Nintendo Switch.

When I go through E-Shop Icons or Wikipedia text looking at the list of games I tend to not notice a ton of good games.

I was browsing Amazon today and saw the box art of a some cool looking games I never noticed before while going through the other lists. Even added some to my birthday amazon wish list.

Physical games on Amazon get a 20% prime discount and I save on install space.

All this effects what games I actually buy.

The impact of these lists omitting which games are physical is a detriment to consumers like myself and likewise the small publishers that could use the extra visibility.

So, thank you for this thread and your efforts to build and maintain this list. I much appreciate it.

:)

Around the Network
trent44 said:

I think it is important to have a list of physical games on the Nintendo Switch.

When I go through E-Shop Icons or Wikipedia text looking at the list of games I tend to not notice a ton of good games.

I was browsing Amazon today and saw the box art of a some cool looking games I never noticed before while going through the other lists. Even added some to my birthday amazon wish list.

Physical games on Amazon get a 20% prime discount and I save on install space.

All this effects what games I actually buy.

The impact of these lists omitting which games are physical is a detriment to consumers like myself and likewise the small publishers that could use the extra visibility.

So, thank you for this thread and your efforts to build and maintain this list. I much appreciate it.

:)

Fyi - Best Buy has the better deal on new games. Don't get me wrong, I use Amazon Prime too - but for whatever reason, they don't always offer the 20% discount on every game, when they do it's for a limited time, and there is NO rewards program.

BestBuy, on the other hand, has their Gamer Unlocked Club. It's $35 for two years, and for that you get:

- 20% on EVERY new game - doesn't matter how long the game has been out, and most importantly, this discount is also applied to an Special Edition versions, too!!! I cannot tell you how much money I've save with this - hell, I made up my $35 outlay just purchasing NBA Gold!

- They have a reward program (I believe it's $.50 per $1 spent) - whatever it is, it adds up FAST! I've gotten several $5 and $10 certificates that work just like a gift card - you apply them at checkout and POOF!! Instant savings!!!

Like I said - I still shop at (and will continue to shop at) Amazon, but when it comes to my Switch collection Best Buy gets priority. I HIGHLY recommend you check it out...

So - after much consternation, I've decided to add the "import only" titles to the list, as well. These are physical games that can only be purchased outside the US. The only condition I have on them, is that they must have an option for English - otherwise, I won't include them in this list (call me selfish!!).

If I've missed any, please definitely let me know! I'd like to keep this list as accurate as possible, so if I'm missing anything I definitely want to know about it...