By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda: Fan criticisms won’t define what we do

No wonder why their games are getting worse.

Around the Network

While I think Fan feed back and concerns are critical for any company moving forward I do understand where he is coming from. His point about Guerrilla Games is a good example but that doesn't mean at the same time that Bethesda should just purposely avoid any and all fan feedback sent their way.

I'm not implying that that is what they are doing despite what some may suddenly think after reading the quote provided and I'll even go so far as to say that Bethesda is probably not fully going down that path either as to disregard any form of fan feedback would eventually leave them in a precarious position.

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-

I wonder if this includes the fans complaining about buggy games .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

"A couple of E3s ago..." we were asking about ES6.

Since then they have announced Skyrim is being released on the SNES Classic and the GameGear.

Hmm, pie.

Of course they ignore what fans want. Why would Bethesda work hard to please fans when they're making boatloads of cash remixing old games & lazy ESO expansions? They're not on WB or even Ubisoft level of corporate sleaze, but steadily getting there.

Around the Network
arcaneguyver said:
Of course they ignore what fans want. Why would Bethesda work hard to please fans when they're making boatloads of cash remixing old games & lazy ESO expansions? They're not on WB or even Ubisoft level of corporate sleaze, but steadily getting there.

I guess we are getting The Evil Within II, and the Switch is getting Doom and Wolfenstein II ports, so I guess there are at least some fans that are getting what they want.

vivster said:
caffeinade said:

I know I would get banned for posting that picture, I hope you don't.

"Am I funny yet" really does go a long way in setting the tone.

"We refuse to change based on criticism."

Yeah, we'll see how far that gets them.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I like threads like this. They let you see who read the article and who simply read the title and created their own narrative off that.

Oh topic, I think he makes a good point. Immediately jumping to Game V after you finish Game IV is a good way to go creatively bankrupt. Go with your best idea, even if it's something different, and in the meantime, you might come up with something much more compelling for your bellwether franchise. That's one reason why I don't like when studios are dedicated to one IP.

And that's how it should be. Most gamers don't know what they want anyway until you show them what they didn't think they wanted.