Forums - General Discussion - Prepare for The Apocalypse?

Should we get ready for the apocalypse?

Yes 48 44.44%

No 60 55.56%

Total:108

Sorta how I feel about teen pregnancy.  If we either demand abortions or adoption of any child born to a teenager with no way to support that child, the world would benefit exponentaly. Or we could give a vasectomy to every male child at birth and have a free reversal when that mature man is ready to have a family. Not a single unwanted baby ever born again.

Around the Network

I am in Australia. Or more specifically... I live in Mad Max country. It's already post apocalyptic... Whatever doesn't kill you, you can eat.

With that... I guess I am already sorta' prepared? Clothing wise I am all good with coveralls, firefighter uniform, army uniform, MX body armor, hunting knives, compound bow, boat, fishing rods and net, generators (became a necessity when electricity went out last year for a week due to a storm.), solar and so on.
Got a few large lithium battery's as well for storing solar power... And have an electric bicycle which can keep on going even when petrol for the cars/motorbikes becomes inevitably scarce.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

The paranoid guy is clearly insane, he claims to come from "Canada" - which we all know was a fictional country originally created in 1997 by Matt Stone and Trey Parker for their first season of South Park.

Worst of all is his profile picture: a suicide bomber with delusions of grandeur. 

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

The paranoid guy is clearly insane, he claims to come from "Canada" - which we all know was a fictional country originally created in 1997 by Matt Stone and Trey Parker for their first season of South Park.

Worst of all is his profile picture: a suicide bomber with delusions of grandeur. 

Just because I come off as insane doesn't mean I'm wrong about the third world war coming.

And South Park is a piece of shit.

CaptainExplosion said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

The world has seen much bleaker times (the black plauge ect.) Don't be so cynical. Things go in cycles and right now, there's alot of social, political and religious termoil. 

Well this cycle doesn't seem like it's going to end. Racial profiling is at an alltime high in North America, the POTUS is getting away with corruption, more and more idiots are popping up to denounce science and even say the Earth is flat (despite EVIDENCE), Robin Williams is no longer with us, Muslims as a whole are constantly marked for death because of a few bad eggs, airports and air travel are pretty much death traps, and you can't even visit East Asia without risk of being hit by one of fatso's missiles, which he can very likely fire at anyone any time now.

Most of what you're worrying about has always been here in one form or another. The difference is really in how the entire world is all connected via the internet and how the 24/7 news cycles keep pumping the shit into everyone's head. 

My advice would be to just put a self-imposed black out on the news. It's not easy, but it's a good idea. I did that for a few years and it was really refreshing. I found out just how much all of this junk really affected my day when it was removed.

Around the Network

Do you know what was an advice for population/military in USSR in case of nuclear war?

CaptainExplosion said:
iron_megalith said:
Let's get on with it shall we. The world needs some resetting. :D

I already made a warning about not taking this situation seriously.

In what part of the earth's history was it that some of these events haven't happened yet?

Weapons of mass destruction? Dude. Imagine warfare back then when they were using black plague to destroy a city. Or you're not aware about that?

What we do is we thrive on the situation that's thrown to us. That's life.  No matter if some maniac has a button to vaporize a huge area those who surivive will find a way to live on. Wether the world breaks on us is just but one paragraph in the story of the whole universe. We are nothing too special. However our value maintains exclusively to be our own which is not a bad thing as that is how we preserve ourselves as a species.

Now if you want to say it's going to end now just go run up the hills and live there. But remember, time will always catch you and beat you.

CaptainExplosion said:
vivster said:

Then exclude Germany, it's quite nice here. Far away from any hurricanes, earthquakes, racist oranges or rocket men.

Well then see if you can find anywhere else in the world that isn't turning into total shit, or gonna be destroyed by the incoming third world war.

Pah, that doesn't concern us. We're just gonna build a wall, a beautiful wall. It's gonna be a real wall. And when everything around us is finally destroyed in their apocalypse we can continue to conquer the world. It was all a long term plan.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

CaptainExplosion said:

orange racist

Hey kids, I call other people racists and make fun of skin colors at the same time.

vivster said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Well then see if you can find anywhere else in the world that isn't turning into total shit, or gonna be destroyed by the incoming third world war.

Pah, that doesn't concern us. We're just gonna build a wall, a beautiful wall. It's gonna be a real wall. And when everything around us is finally destroyed in their apocalypse we can continue to conquer the world. It was all a long term plan.

Again, if you're not going to take this seriously, then get out.