By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 18th - 24th September 2017

Faelco said:
Kerotan said:

That's actually so true.  From the last few months the free ps plus games alone would keep you busy.  Hell we just got MGSV the phantom pain for free.  That's a huge time sink. 

No, no, no, they're right, of course!

You can only play one week old games. You're forbidden to play anything else on a PS4. So if you don't buy MvC, it can't be because you already own SFV, Injustice, or any other fighting game already released on the platform. Nor because you're busy playing other big games like all the other games released this year. No way!

/sarcasm

MvC is a huge flop and it's really not only because of the competition, nobody can argue that. But it's hilarious to see a few users here focusing on attacking Lawlight while completely failing (on purpose?) to understand anything he said. I guess it's fun and reassuring to feel like you're part of a band just by posting a one-liner or a random GIF. "Oh, gosh, you showed him, you're so strong!".... From what cheezy "Bully 101 Movie" does this line come from, seriously... Wouldn't want to waste too much time analyzing what's being said, right? 

The "attacks" on Lawlight might have something to do with the way he changes his tune when something happens on a Nintendo platform and when something happens on a Sony platform.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

Switch sales are about to get crazy this holiday season as long as Nintendo can keep the production going full speed.

Sorry factory workers no days off for you the rest of the year. 

Kerotan said:
IkePoR said:

It doesn't matter what you believe to be a "de facto" console mate.   Their games aren't selling there.  Any company who cares about profit, especially ones in collar tugging straits like Capcom, will draw back support.

The games that sold badly did so at the fault of capcom not the ps4. Resident Evil 7 sold pretty well for what it was and MHW will probably sell decent too.  Make good games,  get good sales. 

Stop taking it so personal, Playstation is the whipping boy in this conversation.  I'm not attacking your precious, the console is simply the variable.  

And I've got news for you - that isn't how shareholders see things.  They don't give a shit about which games are good; they want to know where their invesnt ment went and where the return is.

After throwing a bunch of shit at the wall to see what would stick, Capcom's had one - one hit on PS4 and that's RE7, which as a series it's sales are down.   Like many have said, of course you don't withdraw completely from a 60M base, but I can guarantee you a "re-approach method" is being discussed after another huge flop in MvC:I.  Let's not even get into how badly Dead Rising 4 is going to fare.  

As Rol has said, Capcom has the personality of a whore and sells itself to the highest bidder.  But the outcome of the deals with both Microsoft and Sony have failed miserably.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

FloatingWaffles said:
Valdath said:

If there was a deal, does that make Nintendo shady too?

If Sony actually bought exclusivity for Japan i think it was a good move, it will help to sell tons of PS4s.

If Nintendo had a deal during the 3ds and MH3/4/X era, that was probably one of the most genius and savage moves ever done, that deal almost single handedly killed their competition in the handheld market.

I think we are underestimating just how greedy Capcom can actually be, maybe Sony bought exclusivity, or Capcom just want PS4/Switch owners to double dip.

"oh it's not coming to the Switch? Might as well get it on PS4"

Then, 3 months later, they release MHW on the Switch too, and many buy it again for portability.

And them Capcom releases MHW Ultimate with G rank 6 months later instead of selling it as DLC like a normal company would do.

Well to be fair, if there was a deal between Nintendo for Monster Hunter exclusivity on 3DS, they payed for it to be full exclusive to their system only. Where as if the rumor is true, Sony just paid to keep the game off of one single platform but being fine with it on another (Xbox). That's sort of a big difference there which is why i'm saying that's shady as hell for Sony to do if it were true.

Also yeah Capcom is greedy as hell, I already mentioned that earlier in this thread as well. 

The thing is though that while maybe it would be a good move business-wise for Sony, getting Japan-exclusive Monster Hunter on PS4, for Capcom it's not a good deal because they just alienated their existing playerbase that made it what it was already and it's shitty for the fans who love the series too and played it on 3DS and now went to Switch. But of course with this being Capcom they immediately went for whoever gave money instead of thinking of a good business decision that appeased both ends. Yes they released Monster Hunter XX on Switch but only in Japan, they won't even localize it for the rest of the world yet. (Probably because if the rumor is true then they don't want that to release near when MHW does too). 

Sony I'm sure wanted full exclusivity if they did do a deal, but this was the best they could do. This was before Switch was released, so Capcom doesn't know how it will do, so it's not out of the box that they could make an exclusivity deal with Sony in Japan for MHW. The PS4 has lackluster sales in Japan compared to succesful consoles, but its still a sizable chunk. Switch could be another Wii U for all Capcom knows.

But Capcom has been for years now trying ot get MH to be succesful WW. THUS why they probably would not let Sony go full exclusive. Or at least at a price sony was willing to pay.

That's my guess anyway. Sony was only willing to pay enough for Japan exclusive. Capcom wanted too much to be full exclusive cause they are really wanting to push MH worlwide and make popular. The One X has a sizable userbase worldwide. They want to get more people addicted to the game and become fans.

sethnintendo said:

Switch sales are about to get crazy this holiday season as long as Nintendo can keep the production going full speed.

Them poor robots :( 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah and MH Tri on Wii had better graphics, bigger budget, and all that jazz over the PSP line. 75%+ of the MH fanbase in Japan said "nope" to MH Tri on Wii.

I'm just saying in terms of sales ... Japan giveth zero fucks about that. 

The next "mainline" MH for the Japanese market is the one that arrives on Switch. Even Capcom knows this, that's why they weaseled their way out of calling MHW Monster Hunter 5. 

Ok but i'm not arguing that. I'm just saying the next game should at least take the gameplay improvements from World and put it into "5" if there even is one. It doesn't even have to have a similar graphics style to World(although it would be very fucking cool to see those graphics on the Switch).

What gameplay improvement did Worlds add? I feel like I saw some gimicky grapling hook or something, but otherwise the only thing I saw that really looked different than what I experienced on MH Tri on teh Wii was no loadign screeens. That is huge imo, loading screens betweeen each area was insanely annoying and turned me hugely off the game, but that is hardly gameplay improvements. That is just a better game.

Jranation said:
sethnintendo said:

Them poor robots :( 

SMT lines are more automated but still need some workers.  I'm assuming mechanical assembly is still mainly done by humans.  So the assembly, testing and packaging are probably less automated than you think.

Faelco said:
tbone51 said:

Yeah but SFII for switch > MvCI for ps4..... So 5mil userbase > 60mil confirmed?  Nintendo passed the test, sony/ms didnt! ;)

I hope you're joking (we can never be sure these days). Otherwise you compare blindly 2 different games and think that this comparison is worth something? That's not how it works.

Like I said, crappy games sell like crap. If Capcom releases good games on PS4, they will sell well, like all the huge sellers that we've seen lately on this console. 

Too bad that is not how executives think. They see their game selling bad on a system and their conclusion is one of two things.

1. The franchise is dead/caput, make no more of said game.

2. Our games don't sell well on that system, move to another system.

No where do they think, "hmm, if only we made the game better, or had less microtransaction woudl it sell better"

BTW, I heard that one of the big reasons for Worlds on consoles is because they feel that they can do microtransactions more on that system versus on handhelds. SO don't be surprised if we soon hear about some of that fun stuff closer to release. You know how WB ruined Shadow of War and NBA 2k18 is ruined by micro's.

Faelco said:
Kerotan said:

That's actually so true.  From the last few months the free ps plus games alone would keep you busy.  Hell we just got MGSV the phantom pain for free.  That's a huge time sink. 

You can only play one week old games. You're forbidden to play anything else on a PS4. So if you don't buy MvC, it can't be because you already own SFV, Injustice, or any other fighting game already released on the platform. Nor because you're busy playing other big games like all the other games released this year. No way!

/sarcasm

MvC is a huge flop and it's really not only because of the competition, nobody can argue that. But it's hilarious to see a few users here focusing on attacking Lawlight while completely failing (on purpose?) to understand anything he said. I guess it's fun and reassuring to feel like you're part of a band just by posting a one-liner or a random GIF. "Oh, gosh, you showed him, you're so strong!".... From what cheezy "Bully 101 Movie" does this line come from, seriously... Wouldn't want to waste too much time analyzing what's being said, right? 

They attack lawlight because of who he is not because of what he says which is 100% true.  It's the same as me.  They see my name and they'll go at me.  

Kerotan said:
Faelco said:

/sarcasm

They attack lawlight because of who he is not because of what he says which is 100% true.  It's the same as me.  They see my name and they'll go at me.  

We attack him because he literally screams come at me. You dont see it, but if it were sony and not nintendo you be losing your mind with him. You wouldnt be able to handle him. Now that I think about it im glad he is anti nintendo... Or these threads would be 50+ pages long xD