By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Expected Xbox One X Scorpio Edition Inventory To Last A Week; It Didn’t Even Last A Day

JRPGfan said:

PS4 has done like 1.9m units sold in the USA in 2017 right? according to NPDs.

We know about 1/5 is a PS4pro sale.
that means in 2017, there should be around ~380k PS4pro's sold.

How many of those are from amazon? No idea.
However on amason for the year, the Xbox One X is ahead of the PS4pro.

The "1/5" number as far as I know was related to the post release sales in 2016. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there.

Around the Network
celador said:
that's nice, they need big sales this November and December because their sales so far this year have been abysmal. even two huge wins and the PS4 will still win the year in the US, which I'm sure will be forgotten by some.

Expect a Pro price cut too

Yea, I expect a Pro cut in Sept.  Unless they decide to wait til Nov to spring it. But, Sept is their usual MO. It'll be interesting to see how much they cut.  I only expect a $50 cut since the X is so expensive. A $150 difference is definitely going to be too big to ignore.  Though, I kinda wish for them to go super aggressive and cut by $100.  A $200 difference is a done deal.

The most important thing this holiday season, though, is going to be the fact that the OG PS4 is going to be available for $199.  That's the model that'll sell the most and could possibly take the Nov win from the XBO.

thismeintiel said:
celador said:
that's nice, they need big sales this November and December because their sales so far this year have been abysmal. even two huge wins and the PS4 will still win the year in the US, which I'm sure will be forgotten by some.

Expect a Pro price cut too

Yea, I expect a Pro cut in Sept.  Unless they decide to wait til Nov to spring it. But, Sept is their usual MO. It'll be interesting to see how much they cut.  I only expect a $50 cut since the X is so expensive. A $150 difference is definitely going to be too big to ignore.  Though, I kinda wish for them to go super aggressive and cut by $100.  A $200 difference is a done deal.

The most important thing this holiday season, though, is going to be the fact that the OG PS4 is going to be available for $199.  That's the model that'll sell the most and could possibly take the Nov win from the XBO.

I'm expecting them to drop the Destiny 2 bundle to $399 a few weeks or a month after releasing it. It really depends upon what Sony wants to do though, Star Wars Battlefront is their most valuable marketing deal this year, I believe, as that's the November game. If they go hard like they did in 2015 and put out a $250 1 tb battlefront 2 bundle or even drop it to $199 for Black Friday it would do gangbusters. 

Barozi said:
SvennoJ said:
Kinda underwhelming after reading this
https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-snes-classic-preorder-rant/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/08/23/snes-classic-edition-pre-order-madness-is-nintendo-at-its-worst/#2f26ea203d30
Also funny that Nintendo sucks for selling out while MS is having overwhelming response.

Anyway without any numbers, everything is always selling faster than expected...

And how is that comparable?

The Xbox One X pre-order is just a limited special edition. On top of that, the regular Xbox One X will be widely available once it launches.
vs.
The only version of a (retro) console that will be sold out for weeks and months after launch.

I was pointing out the general attitude of the press when it comes to things selling out in pre-orders. But yeah, you'll certainly be able to get an xbox one x at some point although not the special edition, snes classic likely not after watching the nes debacle.

Dunno why pre-orders can't simply work like you would expect. Put in an order, it gets made, get notified when your order is up. What's the point of limited pre-orders....

Cmon now, any new console these days will sell out in under a day. The XOX is prolly gonna sell a million or 2 this holiday. Question is whether they'll still have momentum 6 months later.

Around the Network

The PS4 PRO is a flop, why is it such an acomplishment to sell more than that?

Like everybody said: until Microsoft release some numbers, it would be wise to take a more "wait and see" aproach.

Ariakon said:

Where were you looking? The Scorpio edition literally just sold out like two hours ago, it was available at Target and Gamestop all yesterday and was available at at least one major retailer since the preorders were announced. You might want to check out nowinstock.net from time to time. 

EDIT: Unless, of course, there is a specific retailer that you would prefer to order from, such as Amazon or Best Buy. Nice snagging an SNES preorder by the way, I got one too. Bless my horrid sleep schedule, ha. 

Australia. Gamestop isn't a thing.
JB Hifi, Taget, EB Games were all out by the time I went to try and Pre-Order.

I would prefer to get it locally so I don't have to be home to wait for a delivery and pick it up during lunch, so that limits me to only EB Games. (Small town and all that.)

Also got the NES Classic, like one of 5 people in the world to score one... And I played it for like 30 minuits? Haha.
Prefer the SNES to be honest. Games were a big step up in complexity in my opinion.

ThisGuyFooks said:
The PS4 PRO is a flop, why is it such an acomplishment to sell more than that?

Like everybody said: until Microsoft release some numbers, it would be wise to take a more "wait and see" aproach.

The Playstation 4 Pro isn't a flop.

Just because it isn't exceeding the sales of the base Playstation 4... Doesn't mean it's a flop. :P 1 in 5 sales is an impressive sales rate when you are selling so well.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Ariakon said:

Where were you looking? The Scorpio edition literally just sold out like two hours ago, it was available at Target and Gamestop all yesterday and was available at at least one major retailer since the preorders were announced. You might want to check out nowinstock.net from time to time. 

EDIT: Unless, of course, there is a specific retailer that you would prefer to order from, such as Amazon or Best Buy. Nice snagging an SNES preorder by the way, I got one too. Bless my horrid sleep schedule, ha. 

Australia. Gamestop isn't a thing.
JB Hifi, Taget, EB Games were all out by the time I went to try and Pre-Order.

I would prefer to get it locally so I don't have to be home to wait for a delivery and pick it up during lunch, so that limits me to only EB Games. (Small town and all that.)

Also got the NES Classic, like one of 5 people in the world to score one... And I played it for like 30 minuits? Haha.
Prefer the SNES to be honest. Games were a big step up in complexity in my opinion.

Whoops, of course I should've asked you if you were from the US, my mistake. Yeah, a few US retailers had preorders up until a few hours ago, though I'd bet we got significantly higher stock allocations than other countries (along with the UK, probably). 

I agree with you about the SNES. I still enjoy many of the NES games, but each of my favorite Contra, Castlevania, and Metroid games were all on SNES. I was so happy when I saw the mini console has all three of them, along with other games I played the hell out of, such as Starfox and Super Mario World. 

Hunting Season is done...

Ariakon said:

Whoops, of course I should've asked you if you were from the US, my mistake. Yeah, a few US retailers had preorders up until a few hours ago, though I'd bet we got significantly higher stock allocations than other countries (along with the UK, probably). 

I agree with you about the SNES. I still enjoy many of the NES games, but each of my favorite Contra, Castlevania, and Metroid games were all on SNES. I was so happy when I saw the mini console has all three of them, along with other games I played the hell out of, such as Starfox and Super Mario World. 

I am hoping there is a second round of Pre-Orders in the next month or so. Last thing Microsoft needs at the moment is not meeting demand when they are lagging in sales behind their competitors.

I used to be a hardcore Super Metroid fan when I was younger. - I can complete that game in about 3-4 hours. Haha
Shame it didn't have the entire trilogy of Donkey Kong Country, but they made up for that with StarFox 2 and Secret of Mana.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--