By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Expected Xbox One X Scorpio Edition Inventory To Last A Week; It Didn’t Even Last A Day

PS4 has done like 1.9m units sold in the USA in 2017 right? according to NPDs.

We know about 1/5 is a PS4pro sale.
that means in 2017, there should be around ~380k PS4pro's sold.

How many of those are from amazon? No idea.
However on amason for the year, the Xbox One X is ahead of the PS4pro.

hudsoniscool said:
Rough estimates put PS4 pro sales in US at 400k. It's doing better on Amazon than the pro. Amazon is roughly 10% of US sales. So roughly 40k pros sold on Amazon. Xbox is also ahead for the year on U.K. Amazon.

^ better than I explained it.

Around the Network

It's kind of funny to go back and read articles like this:

https://www.geek.com/games/ps3-pre-orders-gone-in-minutes-563367/

I'm not saying the X is going to be like the ps3 in that its interest just dies, but it is funny to go back and read the fanboy wars with the 360 warriors basically adopting the stance of ps4 owners now and the ps3 purchasers talking about how they want the latest tech and power. 

I think a lot of people just held off on buying an Xbox because a better version was on the horizon.

I'm curious as to how many of these preorders are people new to XB, and how much Scorpio can do to expand the user base rather than just have current XB gamers do a mid-grade. I didn't pre-order one because I don't wanna jump into 4K yet, but I've still got my Kinect-ed fat XB1 and am happy with it.

The deal was too good not to be sold out. You got the vertical stand and limited edition console for the same price as the vanilla X will be. I would suspect that some of these will be resold for a decent profit.

Around the Network

NATO said:

good for them, perhaps they can stop them from being outsold by the 3ds.

Nah. 3DS is a beast. Has been since the end of its first year. That's just how Nintendo portables roll.

I wanted to Pre-Order. But, I missed out. (Damn life obligations!)

I was expecting supply to last at-least a couple days here. Haha
Looks like I'll wait until after release, got the SNES classic Pre-Ordered to keep me busy until then anyway.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
I wanted to Pre-Order. But, I missed out. (Damn life obligations!)

I was expecting supply to last at-least a couple days here. Haha
Looks like I'll wait until after release, got the SNES classic Pre-Ordered to keep me busy until then anyway.

Where were you looking? The Scorpio edition literally just sold out like two hours ago, it was available at Target and Gamestop all yesterday and was available at at least one major retailer since the preorders were announced. You might want to check out nowinstock.net from time to time. 

EDIT: Unless, of course, there is a specific retailer that you would prefer to order from, such as Amazon or Best Buy. Nice snagging an SNES preorder by the way, I got one too. Bless my horrid sleep schedule, ha. 

Without they releasing numbers for X1X or even what X1 is doing this is just PR to increase awareness for the console and no indication of success or real demand.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."