Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%
 
Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%
 
Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%
 
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0.00%
 
Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%
 
Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%
 
Los Angeles Rams 0 0.00%
 
New Orleans Saints 0 0.00%
 
Other 1 4.55%
 
Scoreboard 2 9.09%
 
Total:22
superchunk said:
Wooo I picked it!

Yeah, congrats.

You needed it after your performance in the bracket predictions.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

Had a feeling this was coming beforehand, although I'll admit I didn't see it playing out quite this way.

New England's defense has been hot garbage this entire season, and they've largely been skating by on opponent's mistakes (see Jacksonville's delay of game penalty in the AFC) and dumb luck (catch rule stuff). The bizarre decision to hold Malcolm Butler out of the game made things even worse. The offense certainly had a chance at the end, but it's hard for me to blame either Tom Brady or Shaq Mason for pretty much making just one joint mistake over an entire half when the defense sucked enough dick to embarrass Monica Lewinsky.

Hoping a Super Bowl with zero fucking sacks will finally convince Belichick to invest some money in the D-Line, but I won't bet on it.



RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:
Wooo I picked it!

Yeah, congrats.

You needed it after your performance in the bracket predictions.

Just means I get first round pick next.



Angelus said:
dx11332sega said:

Are the drinks achohal or sodas?

Vodka mix drink. I'm enjoying this game so far lol

Are you full from all the touchdowns today?



My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

MTZehvor said:
Had a feeling this was coming beforehand, although I'll admit I didn't see it playing out quite this way.

New England's defense has been hot garbage this entire season, and they've largely been skating by on opponent's mistakes (see Jacksonville's delay of game penalty in the AFC) and dumb luck (catch rule stuff). The bizarre decision to hold Malcolm Butler out of the game made things even worse. The offense certainly had a chance at the end, but it's hard for me to blame either Tom Brady or Shaq Mason for pretty much making just one joint mistake over an entire half when the defense sucked enough dick to embarrass Monica Lewinsky.

Hoping a Super Bowl with zero fucking sacks will finally convince Belichick to invest some money in the D-Line, but I won't bet on it.

A top defense didn't do PIT or JAG that much :P.

I think PAT needs a rush game too.



Around the Network

Another Super Bowl with a couple of records:

1. Tom Brady racked up the most passing yards in a single Super Bowl. I think he finished with over 500.
2. Both teams combined gained 1,151 yards of offense. That's not only a Super Bowl record, but the best mark of any NFL game ever played.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

dx11332sega said:
Angelus said:

Vodka mix drink. I'm enjoying this game so far lol

Are you full from all the touchdowns today?

Wayyyyyyy full.....dear god

 

Nick Foles though. What a hero. That Eagles D played like straight trash tonight



Farsala said:
MTZehvor said:
Had a feeling this was coming beforehand, although I'll admit I didn't see it playing out quite this way.

New England's defense has been hot garbage this entire season, and they've largely been skating by on opponent's mistakes (see Jacksonville's delay of game penalty in the AFC) and dumb luck (catch rule stuff). The bizarre decision to hold Malcolm Butler out of the game made things even worse. The offense certainly had a chance at the end, but it's hard for me to blame either Tom Brady or Shaq Mason for pretty much making just one joint mistake over an entire half when the defense sucked enough dick to embarrass Monica Lewinsky.

Hoping a Super Bowl with zero fucking sacks will finally convince Belichick to invest some money in the D-Line, but I won't bet on it.

A top defense didn't do PIT or JAG that much :P.

I think PAT needs a rush game too.

I mean, I won't claim that having a top defense is instantly your ticket to a Super Bowl victory, especially when your offense/special teams basically hands the opposing team 17 points via turnovers and a very questionable onside kick. I do think that just about any offense, regardless of how well they play, needs help, though. New England put up over 500 yards of offense, had 350+ yards of passing from Brady, put up 33 points against the fourth ranked defense by yards and fifth ranked by points, never turned the ball over and never even punted...and the Patriots still lost. I'm not looking for a top defense; anything that provides more resistance than paper mache would be fine.



Angelus said:
dx11332sega said:

Are you full from all the touchdowns today?

Wayyyyyyy full.....dear god

 

Nick Foles though. What a hero. That Eagles D played like straight trash tonight

How many vodka was it ? there were too many touchdowns I forgot to count amazing?



My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

dx11332sega said:
Angelus said:

Wayyyyyyy full.....dear god

 

Nick Foles though. What a hero. That Eagles D played like straight trash tonight

How many vodka was it ? there were too many touchdowns I forgot to count amazing?

I sure as shit wasn't counting. Way too busy yelling at all the patriot fans....seriously....so many patriot fans