By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

 

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%
 
Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%
 
Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%
 
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
 
Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%
 
Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%
 
Los Angeles Rams 0 0%
 
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
 
Other 1 4.55%
 
Scoreboard 2 9.09%
 
Total:22

ANNOUNCEMENT - Bracket Predictions Standings

View the spreadsheet here. Check your own statlines and let me know if there are any mistakes.

The Patriots delivered points for a dozen of people. As a result, numerous players moved up in the standings and a group of eight can bolster their score further if New England wins the Super Bowl in two weeks. Should the Eagles win, then the final standings will be identical to these. What's official now is that castor won the contest with a final score of 40. That's considerably down from last year when several people scored 50+ points and the winner was in the mid-50s. But that's what happens when 8 of the 12 playoff teams in 2017 didn't make the playoffs in 2016; a lot of points being lost out on because people tend to go with the "safe" options in their predictions.

# Username Score RS SEED PT WCW DP CC SB
1 castor 40 12* 2 12 8 4 2 -
2 sethnintendo 37 14* 1 12 6 2 2 -
3 BD82 33 7 2 10 10 2 2 -
4 TheGoldenBoy 33 7 2 12 8 2 2 -
5 cycycychris 33 11* 2 8 8 2 2 -
6 Miguel_Zorro 33 10 1 12 6 2 2 -
7 ljigga 33 11 2 12 6 2 0 -
8 MTZehvor 32 9 3 10 6 2 2 -
9 HomokHarcos 32 12* 2 10 6 2 0 -
10 FatedReality 32 14* 2 10 4 2 0 -
11 RolStoppable 31 7 2 10 8 2 2 -
12 Angelus 31 10 1 12 6 2 0 -
13 Chris Hu 30 8 2 10 6 2 2 -
14 NinjaBlade360 30 10 2 8 6 2 2 -
15 Farsala 30 10 2 10 6 2 0 -
15 gergroy 30 10 2 10 6 2 0 -
15 NobleTeam360 30 10 2 10 6 2 0 -
18 amp316 29 8 1 10 6 2 2 -
19 dongo8 29 10 1 8 6 2 2 -
20 superchunk 25 10 1 8 6 0 0 -

Coming up: Playoff results for the conference championships.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said:

He's a commentator on ESPN's weekday talk show "First Take," and has been predicting that Tom Brady will "fall off a cliff" for the past two or so years. He's been especially vocal about it over the past couple of months given Brady's relatively poor stretch towards the end of the season. After Brady had a good game against the Titans last week, he shrugged it off by saying that Tennessee's secondary was simply bad and it wasn't a notable accomplishment.

Sounds like he can't handle it that a QB might be playing great football at an age of 40.

Well he also picked the Jaguars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQY3dWd6b8g



ANNOUNCEMENT - Playoff Results

View the spreadsheet here. Check your own statlines and let me know if there are any mistakes.

Carl picked the Jaguars and was let down late by them, allowing Level1Death to advance to the final. The second matchup was a close affair where it was a matter of who overestimated the Vikings more.

# Username Record/PDT vs. Record/PDT Username # HFA
11 Carl2291  1-1/32 vs.  2-0/23 (29) Level1Death 2 6
7 RolStoppable  1-1/46 vs.  1-1/41 (43) castor 3 2

The pairing for the final is castor vs. Level1Death. There's no home field advantage like in the previous playoff rounds, but in the unlikely case of a tie, Level1Death will be crowned as the winner because of his better record throughout the playoffs.

The game to predict is Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots.

Consolation Bracket

Normally I'd post a table with the results, but both matchups featured one no-show (BlowoverKing and burninmylight, respectively), so superchunk advanced with an 0-2 record while MTZehvor had a clean 2-0 performance.

Therefore the final of the consolation bracket is superchunk vs. MTZehvor. The advantage in the unlikely scenario of a tie goes to MTZehvor.

...

Good luck to everyone who made it to the Super Bowl!

And a big thank you to Angelus for helping me to run the prediction league.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 21 January 2018

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:

ANNOUNCEMENT - Playoff Results

View the spreadsheet here. Check your own statlines and let me know if there are any mistakes.

Carl picked the Jaguars and was let down late by them, allowing Level1Death to advance to the final. The second matchup was a close affair where it was a matter of who overestimated the Vikings more.

# Username Record/PDT vs. Record/PDT Username # HFA
11 Carl2291  1-1/32 vs.  2-0/23 (29) Level1Death 2 6
7 RolStoppable  1-1/46 vs.  1-1/41 (43) castor 3 2

The pairing for the final is castor vs. Level1Death. There's no home field advantage like in the previous playoff rounds, but in the unlikely case of a tie, Level1Death will be crowned as the winner because of his better record throughout the playoffs.

The game to predict is Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots.

Consolation Bracket

Normally I'd post a table with the results, but both matchups featured one no-show (BlowoverKing and burninmylight, respectively), so superchunk advanced with an 0-2 record while MTZehvor had a clean 2-0 performance.

Therefore the final of the consolation bracket is superchunk vs. MTZehvor. The advantage in the unlikely scenario of a tie goes to MTZehvor.

...

Good luck to everyone who made it to the Super Bowl!

And a big thank you to Angelus for helping me to run the prediction league.

Indeed. Somehow I got stuck with all the heavy lifting



hahaha I advanced with a 0-2 pick... damn JAX!!!



Around the Network

Congrats to Level1Death on your victory.

Rol, we let Europe down.



                            

Wow, Alex Smith to the Redskins, and an actual QB free agent in Kirk Cousins. That doesn't happen often



Today is the day with the game that nobody cares about because of the teams who play.

The prediction league still misses a Super Bowl pick from castor, but his predictions tend to come in close to a deadline.

Is anyone going to watch the Super Bowl? Halftime shows are bad enough, but when the game itself is a halftime show... well...



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
Today is the day with the game that nobody cares about because of the teams who play.

The prediction league still misses a Super Bowl pick from castor, but his predictions tend to come in close to a deadline.

Is anyone going to watch the Super Bowl? Halftime shows are bad enough, but when the game itself is a halftime show... well...

Why do you assume that nobody in the NFL thread will watch the Super Bowl?



HomokHarcos said:

Why do you assume that nobody in the NFL thread will watch the Super Bowl?

Because the thread has been dead in the water since two weeks ago. There is widespread depression because of the teams that made it into the Super Bowl.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments