By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WWE 2K18 for Switch “not based on previous gen versions”

ktay95 said:

From IGN

Update 2: 2K has corrected an error in its original press release - WWE 2K18 is scheduled for a "Fall 2017" release on Nintendo Switch.

Fall officially ends in mid-December, so this could mean up to a two-month wait after the PS4 and Xbox One versions arrive - or it could simply be a way to allow for any unexpected delays in production that would cause the new version to miss an intended October 17 release

So yeah sounds like it was misreported as day and date with PS4/XBO -__-

Yep - surely due to any finalization they needed to fine tune the middleware plus the individual port. I'm sure they are internally aiming for same date release, but don't want to misrepresent that to gamers.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
d21lewis said:

I thought it was launching the same day! I swear I heard that somewhere.

From IGN

Update 2: 2K has corrected an error in its original press release - WWE 2K18 is scheduled for a "Fall 2017" release on Nintendo Switch.

Fall officially ends in mid-December, so this could mean up to a two-month wait after the PS4 and Xbox One versions arrive - or it could simply be a way to allow for any unexpected delays in production that would cause the new version to miss an intended October 17 release

Mid December :D so you'll have almost 2 full weeks of sales on the Switch to make up 3 months of sales on the other systems Lewis, so.... what do you wager your sig is going to look like? maybe just a big "I hate Nintendo" banner? :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

vivster said:

So it's an upgrade from the Wii version?

Ganoncrotch said:
ktay95 said:

From IGN

Mid December :D so you'll have almost 2 full weeks of sales on the Switch to make up 3 months of sales on the other systems Lewis, so.... what do you wager your sig is going to look like? maybe just a big "I hate Nintendo" banner? :D

With that new bit of info, I would rather not go through with the bet. I'll tough it out, v though.

d21lewis said:
Ganoncrotch said:

With that new bit of info, I would rather not go through with the bet. I'll tough it out, v though.

I believe the only correct sig is "I despise velour, Kif."

Around the Network

I might pick this up. I'm not that fond of wrestling games but it will be my first time playing one online. Plus the fact I don't own any third party games. It won't look like the Xbox One or Playstation 4 version but I knew that anyway. It's starting look more and more like a winner.

Medisti said:
d21lewis said:

I believe the only correct sig is "I despise velour, Kif."

You fiend. You've crossed the line from regular villain into the realm of cartoon super villain.