By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Takahashi: Xenoblade Chronicles X for Switch “would love to think about” and more

I'd rather have Chronicles and Saga Trilogy remasters. I'd say Gears but we know that will never happen.

XCX  was a piece of shit and a perfect example of what happens when you try to westernize a JRPG. All graphics and fighting and no story. Biggest letdown that year for me. Chronicles was a masterpiece, X blew chunks.

Around the Network

I need to atone for my sin and buy XCX soon. I don't care if there's a Switch port later on, it was meant to be played on Wii U and that's how I'll play it.

Still looking forward for XC 2 though.

I'd prefer an X-2 at some point, or at the very least have the port outsourced to another developer. I do think X would become even less accessible without a second screen, though.

They need to port as many games as they can to the NS imo.

Jumpin said:
I would love to play an enhanced version of Xenoblade Chronicles X with some more expansion. I would love to see how colonization and new permanent human settlements on the planet outside of NLA.

I would also like to see a full blown sequel, preferably taking place further down the timeline and uncovering the story of what happened to the original colonists through retrospective on discovery of objects: similar to how Xenogears explored the past 10,000 years. It was very interesting!

Pretty much why I feel they should leave this alone and go full Xcx-2. Aside from putting literally tons of hours more into the game, I can't see how towns would just pop up like weeds. If they are gonna time jump, they may as well just make a new game. The engine and assets are already there (look at XC2 which uses the same as X), so make a few human/alien hybrid skells, add some more towns/cities and start getting into the mysteries of the first game. 

I mean a few more locations in XcX would be nice, but dumping another 200+ hours with no second screen seems like a chore if they aren't really gonna add anything.

Around the Network

So after XC2 and a mountain of tasks he'd like to think about it, lol. Seems like a no.

eyezofnight said:

remake the original xenoblade first

One in 2018, and the other in 2019.
Maybe we can get XBCX2 in 2020.
Something new after that, or more Xenoblade.

exdeath said:

I'd rather have Chronicles and Saga Trilogy remasters. I'd say Gears but we know that will never happen.

XCX  was a piece of shit and a perfect example of what happens when you try to westernize a JRPG. All graphics and fighting and no story. Biggest letdown that year for me. Chronicles was a masterpiece, X blew chunks.

Square Enix seems to be okay with loaning Monolith Soft Tetsuya Nomura, Cloud is in Smash, so who knows.

exdeath said:

You're opinion seems to be in the minority of critical and user reception which seems to be that Xenoblade Chronicles X was an amazing experience even if a bit flawed. It would be a devistating loss to gamers if Monolith Soft never returned to X, or to try to expand seemless open world exploration games that were readily embraced by most of those who actually played it.

Xenoblade X will come. It's just a matter of time and software schedule. They'll release it when they get a hole on their schedule.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.