By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Americans can't get enough of Trudeau — but his Canadian approval ratings are tumbling

green_sky said:
My bad dude. Sorry for engaging you, Barney. Lesson learned. Adios.

I wasn't in anyway angry, but I wonder why some people think the Democrats are a centre-right party. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Speaking as an American who moved to Canada in the last year, it's definitely hard to find someone who only puts up a pretty face and falls back on some promises a hugely disagreeable figure, compared to the alternative I've been witness to. But it's interesting to hear this perspective, I haven't talked much about politics with my coworkers and I don't hear things like this often.

In general, I think Canada does a lot of things a lot better than we do in the US. Not all things, but plenty that matters to me, and when I hear very loud complaints about how Canadian society or government operates I usually have a hard time relating haha. Makes me understand the perspectives of people who immigrate from poor and corrupt countries to the US and other stabler Western countries a little better.

Wasn't he a big fan of th dictator, Fidel Castro?

This shouldn't be surprising, he's basically like Obama, trying to rely on having a charismatic personality to maintain support.

Can't fault Americans for liking that guy when you consider what their new standard for president is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

This guy is amazing and it's no surprise people here don't like him. He is one of the few politicians worthy of being a leader. Looking at the people he chose as ministers of his country shows that for once competence was taken into account.

Every country I look at has a joke of President, Trump, May and the list goes on. Same with my country that no one knows much about so it's not even worth mentioning here.

He showed Trump how to do a proper handshake tho

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Why is the choice between populist who bash minorities and fake leaders who only care about social media hashtags and image?

I dislike the idea that Trudeau is good because his not Trump because to the likes of his father he is a rather lightweight in leadership, intellect and vision. To me I think if you like Trudeau it shows you dont value leadership and vision but value superficiality and virtue signaling...

His father in his first term massively liberalized the nations criminal code, Brought forth Multiculturalism and Bilingualism which radically transformed the nation.

Justin Trudeau biggest accomplishment in the first term is getting dope to the youth of the nation while doing nothing on fixing youth unemployment....

green_sky said:
Mar1217 said:

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true.

Our federal and provincial debts are no joke but i meant us as a population. Should have clarified i guess. 

Yikes I had no idea it was that bad.

To be fair, 42% approval ratings is pretty much "doing well" here in the US at this point... the last three presidents have spent a lot of time in the gutter of approval ratings lol