By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Americans can't get enough of Trudeau — but his Canadian approval ratings are tumbling

But in Canada, the initial honeymoon period of mobbing to take selfies with the prime minister is clearly over.

A Forum Research poll found that, by May 2017, only 42% of Canadians approved of how Trudeau was leading the country. Approval ratings, though still high compared to past prime ministers, are at their lowest point since Trudeau took office in November 2015.

Trudeau has faced criticism for supporting oil pipeline expansion, going ahead with a controversial plan to supply military vehicles to Saudi Arabia, underfunding social services to Canada's Aboriginal community, failing to fulfill his promises of electoral reform, and, last winter, taking a luxurious vacation on a billionaire's private island.

http://www.businessinsider.com/justin-trudeau-approval-ratings-low-americans-love-hot-prime-minister-2017-6

Yeah I dislike how so many people outside Canada like this guy so much, he is so fake.

Around the Network

His approval ratings are high compared to past Prime Ministers so that's probably why lots of people might like him. I'm not to familiar with Canadian politics so I can't say whether I like him or not

I thought this guy was a moderate/liberal. What a joke. Sold out his people like May and Trump

He seems like a airhead who cares more about being trendy and politically correct than actually running a country.

LadyJasmine said:

Yeah I dislike how so many people outside Canada like this guy so much, he is so fake.

I'm from outside of Canada and I've always hated him. I'm honestly surprised he's apparently so well-liked.

Around the Network

He is an honest to God buffoon and an embarrassment to Canada. Not too mention his favorite sidekick Kathleen Wynne (Ontario Premier), who has done a mighty fine job driving away investment and in places where I live now (rural) causing electricity bills to soar in winter months (with electric heat) to $600-$900, while we loose money we selling hydro to the states below cost.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Ha. You and your politics/sex threads. Playstation! I haven't been paying attention to him tbh. Pretty much in a state of political apathy, which requires much less effort, and nets the same results.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

He has been a nightmare to fiscal conservatives. Our entire country is over indebted though. We made fun of Americans but now have worse debt than they ever did.

Mar1217 said:
green_sky said:
He has been a nightmare to fiscal conservatives. Our entire country is over indebted though. We made fun of Americans but now have worse debt than they ever did.

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true.

Our federal and provincial debts are no joke but i meant us as a population. Should have clarified i guess. 

green_sky said:
Mar1217 said:

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true.

Our federal and provincial debts are no joke but i meant us as a population. Should have clarified i guess. 

So individual debt, not government debt? Or am I reading that wrong?