By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Seeing as Metroidvania is on people's minds due to Dread I just want to take the moment to champion Ender Lillies which is criminally underrated, this often gets overlooked in the genre due to the rising momentum of Hollow Knight and Ori, this game is worth a look in.

Around the Network

Watched Summit Smash Ultimate, was really sharp and entertaining tbh especially top 8 the match between Marss and Void had all sorts of insane aggression.

Really really hope there's a Direct this month, and it would be a dream come true if they show Xenoblade 3.

Outer Worlds Murder on Eridanos DLC launches on Switch 8th of September, so in 4 days.

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-outer-worlds-gains-murder-on-eridanos-dlc-on-switch-next-week/

Really looking forward to it as I greatly enjoyed both the base game and the first DLC expansion.

Good of the devs not to bail and not bother putting the DLC on Switch like some others.

So apparently Sonic Colors Ultimate is an utter glitchy mess on Switch.

Apparently this was done by Blind Squirrel Games which is weird because from what I can tell the rest of the ports and remasters they've done have been at least decent. It also is glitchy on PS4 as well. Shame. Wasn't this the best Sonic game since the Dreamcast era?

Around the Network
Poliwrathlord said:

Apparently this was done by Blind Squirrel Games which is weird because from what I can tell the rest of the ports and remasters they've done have been at least decent. It also is glitchy on PS4 as well. Shame. Wasn't this the best Sonic game since the Dreamcast era?

It's Sonic, what did you expect? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Poliwrathlord said:

It's Sonic, what did you expect? 

Well it's a port of a friggin 11 year old Wii game on considerably more powerful hardware, so I expected it to at least be competent.

Man, I reached the #5 ranked boss in NMH3 last night and holy moly this game just gets better and better. It's a shame a lot of folks will write it off due to mixed reviews and poor graphics cos it's a real blast in terms of just sheer fun factor.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 September 2021

curl-6 said:

Man, I reached the #5 ranked boss in NMH3 last night and holy moly this game just gets better and better. It's a shame a lot of folks will write it off cos of mixed reviews and poor graphics cos it's a real blast in terms of just sheer fun factor.

How does it compare against 1 and 2? I feel 1 and 2 very much trade blows in what they are better at, so I'm interested if 3 is like a culmination of all the best parts of 1 and 2 or if it has certain things it does better but also worse than those as well. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

Man, I reached the #5 ranked boss in NMH3 last night and holy moly this game just gets better and better. It's a shame a lot of folks will write it off cos of mixed reviews and poor graphics cos it's a real blast in terms of just sheer fun factor.

How does it compare against 1 and 2? I feel 1 and 2 very much trade blows in what they are better at, so I'm interested if 3 is like a culmination of all the best parts of 1 and 2 or if it has certain things it does better but also worse than those as well. 

Been a long time since I played 1 and 2 but so far 3 is easily as good as them. Its not as streamlined as 2 as it does have the mediocre open world from 1, but on the other hand the combat, style, and bosses easily outweigh this one shortcoming. Personally I slightly preferred 2 over 1 for being leaner and having better extra-curricular content, though I think they're both excellent. The side stuff in 3 is better than 1 and about on par with 2.