By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kakadu18 said:

Persona 5 Royal is only 12.5GB on Switch. Very compression there.

Wasn't the PS4 version almost 40GB????? That's insane! I do hope there's no substantial compromises. I'm planning on picking up the Switch version just because I'll be able to take the game with me everywhere considering it's a 100+ hour long game

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

I still think removing Switch's third party support would have a significant impact on both Switch sales and Nintendo's bottom line.

Nintendo can only make so many games themselves, the addition of third party support makes the difference between the perception of a system with tons to play, and being seen as a drought-ridden system with few games, and that perception is crucial. Positive image is a huge factor in Switch's appeal.

Nintendo's bottom line would also be affected because third parties actually sell pretty well on Switch, and Nintendo makes a cut from all those sales via royalties.

All depends on what your definition of significant is.

Well, in the last two financial years, over a dozen third party games each year sold over a million units, and every one of those sales puts money into Nintendo's bank account. And then there's the countless more that don't quite crack over a million in a 12 month period but still sell hundreds of thousands of copies.

It all adds up to a pretty hefty chunk of revenue.

Nintendo clearly thinks third party matters as they've gone out of their way to secure more of it with the Switch.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 September 2022

Just started Splatoon 3, played through the intro and first couple level of Hero Mode.

My overall impression is that it feels just overall more premium than the first two games, as if it had a higher budget, though that is probably more down to it having a longer production cycle. Production value just feels higher.

Splatsville is a substantial step up over Inkopolis in Splatoon 1 and 2; along with being bigger and more detailed, it also feels more like a fleshed out living environment than just a hub.
The first post from another player I saw was great: "Sorry for having Australian internet." I feel ya bro, I feel ya.

Load times seem shorter than Splatoon 2, the more naturalistic lighting is visually very nice, and it still feels amazingly silky and snappy to play.

So far so good.

And then the postman knocked on my door...

And I haven't even finished Xenoblade 3 yet, and barely started Splatoon 3. And less than a month til Nier Automata and less than two months til Bayonetta 3. Switch is burying me rn lmao

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 September 2022

curl-6 said:

Just started Splatoon 3, played through the intro and first couple level of Hero Mode.

My overall impression is that it feels just overall more premium than the first two games, as if it had a higher budget, though that is probably more down to it having a longer production cycle. Production value just feels higher.

Splatsville is a substantial step up over Inkopolis in Splatoon 1 and 2; along with being bigger and more detailed, it also feels more like a fleshed out living environment than just a hub.
The first post from another player I saw was great: "Sorry for having Australian internet." I feel ya bro, I feel ya.

Load times seem shorter than Splatoon 2, the more naturalistic lighting is visually very nice, and it still feels amazingly silky and snappy to play.

So far so good.

And then the postman knocked on my door...

And I haven't even finished Xenoblade 3 yet, and barely started Splatoon 3. And less than a month til Nier Automata and less than two months til Bayonetta 3. Switch is burying me rn lmao

This game is awesome! Got it on PS4/5 and my buddy played it a lot! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

RolStoppable said:
Kakadu18 said:

Persona 5 Royal is only 12.5GB on Switch. Very good compression there.

As expected. Gotta fit the whole game on a 16 GB card.

Wasn’t Nintendo working on a 32GB or 64GB card? 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
RolStoppable said:

As expected. Gotta fit the whole game on a 16 GB card.

Wasn’t Nintendo working on a 32GB or 64GB card? 

Idk wether they are making 32GB cards, 64GB probably not, but 16GB cards would be cheaper regardless.

32gb cards exist, 64gb were being developed but haven't been used yet. Either way I imagine publishers want to cut costs as much as possible, so 16gb would be preferable like @Kakadu18 said. 

Raven said:

32gb cards exist, 64gb were being developed but haven't been used yet. Either way I imagine publishers want to cut costs as much as possible, so 16gb would be preferable like @Kakadu18 said. 

Okay that's what I thought! I remember hearing like in 2018 that Nintendo was having development issues with a higher storage card, but couldn't remember if it was 32gb or 64gb. At this point, there's really not any reason for Nintendo to manufacture the 64gb card, if they hadn't already cancelled development on it for a couple of years now.

It sucks for Nintendo though that they went through the trouble of manufacturing a 32gb card and potentially a 64gb card, and no publisher wanting to use it due to the cost

Now that I think about it, I believe the entirety of the Witcher 3 is on a single 32gb card, but I'm sure those are few and far between.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 09 September 2022

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2022/220912.html

3.45mil sales in Japan in the first 3 days. That's absolutely crazy! Biggest Switch game launch in Japan ever. It topped Animal Crossing's launch.

Edit: I think that means it's the biggest launch of any game ever in Japan.

Let's go!!!!!