By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think it's fairly obvious what Platinum's intention are. They care more about what they want to create opposed to financial success and that's why Inaba became the CEO to proceed his "ambitious plans" according to the recent Famitsu interview. Yamane (former general manager for Nintendo for 27+ years) also joined Platinum because he wanted "one last challenge" before he retires and the current state of Platinum Games was the perfect answer. Yamane and Inaba were fairly close since 2001 and has went out to eat multiple times. Since Yamane decided Nintendo was fine without him, he left Nintendo to help with Platinum's marketing and publishing

Platinum has consistently said they wanted to work into being a publisher not a developer, so they can get 100% freedom over what they create. Both Sol Cresta and Babylon's Fall is a "I tried ****" type of stuff you would see on YouTube videos according to Inaba back in February in the IGN Japan interview. Sol Cresta was created to understand how publishing works, Babylon's Fall was created to grasp what a live service game is like. This is all done intentionally to proceed with what they call "Project G.G." According to Kamiya, Inaba and his ideas are so big and crazy they need more than 1000 employees to do it all (currently 300). They also stated that they are currently working on multiple projects mainly Project G.G. and final works for Bayonetta 3. They also claimed there are multiple "unannounced games" that other companies are publishing. We can assume Nier, Astral Chain, Metal Gear Rising, Scalebound, etc. They said they are pushing for information on Project G.G. by the E3 time next year. Yamane stated Project G.G. will be something huge gamers aren't ready for and he joined Platinum because he fully believes this game would succeed with the right publishing which "he can cover" tho there is still tons of work or Platinum to be able to self-publish.

I think this is exciting, hopefully they're right about this Project G.G. thing and deliver. For more information, check the Famitsu interview, there should be auto translation available.

Around the Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMEQSnZkFHI&ab_channel=GameSpotTrailers
Here is a teaser for Project G.G. that was posted 2 years ago

Nintendo don't really need to buy Platinum so long as they remain independent, they're clearly more than willing to collaborate with Nintendo on games like Bayonetta 2/3 and Astral Chain.

I'm really not a fan of the acquisition wars. The industry is better when third parties share the love.

Investors report in just over a week, releases 2nd of August.

Mar1217 said:
Wyrdness said:

I wonder if we'll be able to get the first sell-in numbers for Xenoblade 3 ...

Not sure as the investors report will cover just April 1st-June 30th. There is a likelihood that Nintendo, or Monolith themselves, could throw a number out there to show the game is selling well. I hope they do! Even if the game will have been out for just 4 days lol

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Wyrdness said:

I wonder if we'll be able to get the first sell-in numbers for Xenoblade 3 ...

Xenoblade didn't launch last quarter.

And the report is on August 3rd, not 2nd.

Mar1217 said:

Welp ...

It seems I got baffled by AI The Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative writing execution once again.
Uchikoshi's games have prolly the best sense of equilibrium between believability and craziness coupled with strong thematics and philosophies about the human psyche, existence, time and the fabric of our world.

Like it's pretty incredible how's he's able to manipulate the way you perceive time in those games.
The flowcharts he commonly uses always got a trick up of their sleeve that will recontextualize the whole experience once you're finished.

Not only did they do it again in quite a great way, but they went even a step further to introduce a "finale" that shatters the fabric of a player's power.
Incredibly eerie like I lik'em !

Don't know if we'll ever get a third game but for now, I'll consider this game as an equal of Virtue's Last Reward.

Recently played through the first game and I'm seriously impressed by it. The structure and how it managed to keep me in the dark and guessing for as long as possible. Incredible writing too and very entertaining dialogue.

Mar1217 said:
SegaHeart said:

I bought Bravely Default 2 for 31 dollars + tax is 34

Stocking up on other RPGs before the release of Xenoblade 3 ? 

Man ... I really gotta get back to that JRPG backlog I've started since I got Bravely Default 2 lol

I still need to finish Shin Megami Tensei V (halfway through), Pokemon Legends Arceus (not very far in yet), Triangle Strategy (not started at all) and Live-A-Live (not started at all) before XC3... I guess I'm in the same boat xD.

Preview of the first free update for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has an impressive 89 metascore. Higher than I expected.