By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

"You're a lifesaver" makes its return

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:

Not to rain on your pessimism parade but by Japanese regulations of the market, foreign investors have almost basically no seat and say at the tables for whatever Nintendo does. Nintendo themselves owns more than 51% of their stocks and if SA were to owning up to 10% or more, there could be an investigation by Japanese market authorities.

Basically, there way more more protective than what you see elsewhere

So before you commit to anymore fallacy you can rest assure about your video game purity remaining as it is.

Then why wasn't there an investigation when Saudi Arabia bought even more into SNK? The answer is, again, money talks louder than all else.

That's just how things are.

SNK were near bankruptcy and have been for decades the acquisition of SNK would pass as a bail out Nintendo on the other hand is worth $95b and in a slecet bracket of corps that has significant influence so it would be classed as an attempted take over which regulators scrutinize in any country like Nvidia's attempt at buying Arm, for reference SNK were worth about $63.5m while 5% of Nintendo is $4.75b.

CaptainExplosion said:
Wyrdness said:

SNK were near bankruptcy and have been for decades the acquisition of SNK would pass as a bail out Nintendo on the other hand is worth $95b and in a slecet bracket of corps that has significant influence so it would be classed as an attempted take over which regulators scrutinize in any country like Nvidia's attempt at buying Arm, for reference SNK were worth about $63.5m while 5% of Nintendo is $4.75b.

Well with how the Saudis are gonna run things with SNK there's no way it's networth is gonna be even close to $4.75 billion. Nobody wants to buy a King of Fighters game where all the women are in burkas and accept domestic abuse while apologizing to their abusive husbands.

At this rate, why not just release Advance Wars?

SNK is tiny. It's not really comparable to Nintendo.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Kslost said:

At this rate, why not just release Advance Wars?

Not enough money talking loudly to Nintendo about that.

My preorder money is talking to them about it :/

CaptainExplosion said:
Kslost said:

My preorder money is talking to them about it :/

That's not enough compared to the Saudi blood money they got for a 5% stake in the company.

You do realize Nintendo doesn't get any money when a company or individual just buys shares off the market, right?  Nor do they have any control over them purchasing said shares.  

This was a purchasing of shares, not a direct investment into the company.

I've been playing Dragon Quest XI S since like December and I love the game, especially the characters, but OMG why is this game soooooooo long. Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler!

I'm in Act II and it already feels too long...and then I read that there's an Act III...

The World of Ruin-esque stuff in Act II could be told in a much more tight way, Final Fantasy VI did it like that...and a lot of Act I, while charming, doesn't have that much plot relevance, that act doesn't even give much about the backgrounds of the characters.

This game is definitely way longer than DQVIII.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 22 May 2022

Rise is Capcom's fifth highest selling title in history, it was 8m as the PC version was being released which contributed to it adding another 1m taking its total sales to 9m, Sunbreak is out in a few weeks.

https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

As someone who grew up with the likes of Banjo Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Conker, Mario 64, etc, the new Kao the Kangaroo is looking quite appealing.
Yeah, it's highly derivative, but so are many good games.
This particular kind of experience is relatively rare nowadays; seems like it'll be a nice nostalgic romp to save for a rainy day.