Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo: The Official Nintendo Thread

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

Sure those are rumored and many rumors have come true but there have also been out of the blue announcements that no one expected such as Ring Fit, Clubhouse Games & New Pokemon Snap, etc.

Withe the 3D Mario collection likely to be a September or November drop, Pikmin 3 in October, and potentially 3D World as well, that doesn't leave much room for a new unannounced first party game.

You could have said the same thing last year. With Links Awakening+Switch Lite in Sept, Luigis Mansion in Oct and Pokemon in Nov, that doesn't leave much room for a new first party game.

Despite that we got Ring Fit released in Oct, like a month after being announced.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Withe the 3D Mario collection likely to be a September or November drop, Pikmin 3 in October, and potentially 3D World as well, that doesn't leave much room for a new unannounced first party game.

You could have said the same thing last year. With Links Awakening+Switch Lite in Sept, Luigis Mansion in Oct and Pokemon in Nov, that doesn't leave much room for a new first party game.

Despite that we got Ring Fit released in Oct, like a month after being announced.

Fair enough, but if that's the kind of thing they could announce, I'm not really into these experimental type things like Ring Fit, Labo, or 1-2 Switch. I'd want something more meaty. 

A game doesn't necessarily have to be a major Nintendo production either. If I just got, say, No More Heroes III dated for October and Doom Eternal for November, that'd be enough for to keep me happy for a while.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 07 August 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Fair enough, but if that's the kind of thing they could announce, I'm not really into these experimental type things like Ring Fit, Labo, or 1-2 Switch. I'd want something more meaty. 

A game doesn't necessarily have to be a major Nintendo production either. If I just got, say, No More Heroes III dated for October and Doom Eternal for November, that'd be enough for to keep me happy for a while.

No More Heroes III got cancelled. Did you miss the news?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Nintendo is having a really weird year. They are in a bit of a game drought - certainly if you discount the remasters - and yet sales are through the roof .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Nintendo is having a really weird year. They are in a bit of a game drought - certainly if you discount the remasters - and yet sales are through the roof .

One of the games they released this year is already the Switch's second biggest game, but beyond that it's the incredibly wealthy library it's built up with the knowledge that more is still to come driving sales. Their output of new games this year is a bit disappointing for sure but there are many games on my backlog and many games I already own worth replaying so this lull is actually kinda nice in a way.

I know we did this a lot with Wii U, but with Switch I'm much more confident in saying the drought this year will mean next year is full of great new games. 

Around the Network

I've been enjoying Paper Mario, Xenoblade and Steins Gate Elite so far this month. I'd say this summer ended up good imo.

Yet, I do still understand Curl worries about the release schedule. We know Big N can simply whisk a game into our hands one month from now but since we're constantly waiting for them to announce something, it does get irritating in the end to simply hope for a single announcement. Especially now that Direct's future is now uncertain.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Take it with a grain of salt, but apparently in the preorder page for Crash Bandicoot 4, there's references to an as yet unannounced Switch version. (And also PC)

If it follows a similar pattern to the N.Sane and Spyro trilogies, the Switch port should arrive around this time next year.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Cool. Not celebrating yet, but cool nonetheless. Crash merits it success on all platforms !
Now if only it wasn't in Activision's hands ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

curl-6 said:

Take it with a grain of salt, but apparently in the preorder page for Crash Bandicoot 4, there's references to an as yet unannounced Switch version. (And also PC)

If it follows a similar pattern to the N.Sane and Spyro trilogies, the Switch port should arrive around this time next year.

Pretty obvious that it will come to the Switch. Same thing with the collection, so it will go the same way.