By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

No. You will play Mappy Land and you'll like it!

Fuck off and give people games they actually want on NSO for once.

NO! YOU WILL PLAY MAPPY LAND AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!

Around the Network

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

New surprise fighter joins Smash!

Spoiler!

Hey guys! So believe it or not I don't own a Switch yet, but I've been tempted to buy one as I saved up a couple of coupons I got from work for the holidays.

So the situation is like this, these are the prices for the various Switch models in my country:

Lite: 270usd
Regular: 430usd
OLED: 500usd

The coupons I saved are for 220usd. Up front this means I could get a new Switch Lite for 50usd (!) And that's what I'm currently thinking of getting. My main concerns are possible drift down the line (we have 2 year warranties here, but I'm not sure if the drift repair would be free after), and the possibility of occasionally wanting to play on a bigger screen (even though most of the time I'd play portably). I like the smaller form factor since I'd mostly be playing on the bus or between classes at Uni.

At the same time if I wanted to get one of the other models, I lean more to the OLED because of the better display, but then I'd have to spend quite a bit more.

I'm trying to save up for a car at the moment (not super critical but would prefer to have one sooner than later), so I'm not sure what the best option is. I still have some games in my 3ds backlog so I have some time to think.

Thoughts?

Proxy-Pie said:

Hey guys! So believe it or not I don't own a Switch yet, but I've been tempted to buy one as I saved up a couple of coupons I got from work for the holidays.

So the situation is like this, these are the prices for the various Switch models in my country:

Lite: 270usd
Regular: 430usd
OLED: 500usd

The coupons I saved are for 220usd. Up front this means I could get a new Switch Lite for 50usd (!) And that's what I'm currently thinking of getting. My main concerns are possible drift down the line (we have 2 year warranties here, but I'm not sure if the drift repair would be free after), and the possibility of occasionally wanting to play on a bigger screen (even though most of the time I'd play portably). I like the smaller form factor since I'd mostly be playing on the bus or between classes at Uni.

At the same time if I wanted to get one of the other models, I lean more to the OLED because of the better display, but then I'd have to spend quite a bit more.

I'm trying to save up for a car at the moment (not super critical but would prefer to have one sooner than later), so I'm not sure what the best option is. I still have some games in my 3ds backlog so I have some time to think.

Thoughts?

It depends on how you plan to use it. If you don't think you're going to use it on a TV, or with multiple players, then the Switch Lite should be fine, setting aside any drift issues). But, if you want to play with multiple people, the Switch Lite is going to be very awkward. There's also a few, but not too many, games that are not going to be playable on the Lite, unless you buy extra controllers, most notably Ring Fit, Super Mario Party, or Switch Sports.

To me, I think it's worth it to be able to play with multiple people and on a TV is worth 160 dollars. I play my Switch on my way to law school, and its size isn't ideal, but also not super inconvenient. 

As for the OLED, I haven't played on one yet, and I'm fine with the Switch base model. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing, but I've never really felt the screen was bad or hard to see or anything.

Around the Network

The 8-Bit Big Band wins Grammy for Kirby Superstar song arrangement!

SegaHeart said:

Like I said Steam Deck was no match, alot of youtubers and masses were pitting Steam Deck to kill Switch glad it did not happen like I always knew.

It was never meant to. Steam Deck is just an affordable gaming PC.

I know many will use it as an emulation machine, which some Switch games have already been emulated on Steam Deck, but you can do that with any PC that has the horsepower for it. 

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered rumored to be coming to Switch

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Is Coming To Switch, Claims Rumour (gamebyte.com)

13 Sentinels is now out and worth giving a look in.

curl-6 said:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered rumored to be coming to Switch

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Is Coming To Switch, Claims Rumour (gamebyte.com)

Yay! Now I get to use up 250% of my switch's total space used up on one single game! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android