By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

For people playing Triangle Strategy, which conviction are you choosing? I'm generally choosing morality, if I like the game enough I will play a second time choosing Utility and then Freedom

Around the Network

Even after more than 5 years, BOTW still continues to surprise and delight with its mind-boggling depth

Not sure if been posted...

nVidia hardware leak for potential Switch 2/Switch Pro.
Using NVN2... Which is a successor to the Switch low level API.

Ampere based. DLSS. Likely based on Tegra ORIN (2021-2022 chip)
1536-2048 CUDA cores clocked at 768-1,000mhz backed by 200GB/s of bandwidth.

Essentially this should provide better visuals than the PS4 in a handheld... And with that fillrate, 1080P should be fine.

Big jump in capability.

This will be more competitive than the OG Switch on release relative to other hardware on the market depending on how much Nintendo cuts the chip down. (Which will happen.)
https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/new-nintendo-switch-hardware-details-potentially-in-nvidia-leak

What I am hoping for: 16GB of LPDDR5X Ram, 256GB SSD, 1080P OLED, ROM Carts with 500MB/s reads at a minimum.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak "direct" next week:

Monster Hunter Digital Event set for March 15th, 2022 | GoNintendo

Hope we get a release date, I am so pumped for the expansion, the base game is amazing.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 March 2022

Pemalite said:

Essentially this should provide better visuals than the PS4 in a handheld... And with that fillrate, 1080P should be fine.

Big jump in capability.

This will be more competitive than the OG Switch on release relative to other hardware on the market depending on how much Nintendo cuts the chip down. (Which will happen.)
https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/new-nintendo-switch-hardware-details-potentially-in-nvidia-leak

What I am hoping for: 16GB of LPDDR5X Ram, 256GB SSD, 1080P OLED, ROM Carts with 500MB/s reads at a minimum.

I did see that the other day, but most of my hype for next gen goes out the window everytime Nintendo talks about how Switch is only in the mid life. I got a Wii U and Switch day during launch each, so I'm pretty anxious for the next big jump since I can't tell any noticable difference between Switch games and Wii U games. Still having fun on Switch, but moreso on Gamepass PC lately because the Switch feels so dated to me. This year does have a done of Switch games I want to play, at least!

Around the Network

I may be in the minority, but I really hope Nintendo ramps up at least some marketing on Advance Wars 1&2. It's a month away from release and other than the E3 announcement, there's just been the release date update from the Direct. I'm not hoping it gets the Metroid Dread or Kirby and the Forgotten Land levels of marketing since it's a niche franchise and a remake, but to just get the word out there as much as possible. I would love to get a new Advance Wars game and I have a feeling this is a test run to see if it's a viable IP still. I just hope the marketing for the game isn't just the Direct update then a "available now" trailer the day it releases.

At least release a free demo of the first couple of levels because with it being a $60 game for a niche genre, that's gonna be a hard sell for most.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 08 March 2022

The scales of conviction in Triangle Strategy are way more fun than they should be. I finally got unanimous consent on one, after Gaela kept being a contrarian little fucker.

LET’S GO!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/wGGFEFULaRk

Dulfite said:
Pemalite said:

Big jump in capability.

I did see that the other day, but most of my hype for next gen goes out the window everytime Nintendo talks about how Switch is only in the mid life. I got a Wii U and Switch day during launch each, so I'm pretty anxious for the next big jump since I can't tell any noticable difference between Switch games and Wii U games. Still having fun on Switch, but moreso on Gamepass PC lately because the Switch feels so dated to me. This year does have a done of Switch games I want to play, at least!

The WiiU to Switch jump wasn't a massive generational leap, but the improvements are definitely there.
Most of the WiiU ports ended up with higher, more stable framerates in conjunction with a higher resolution.

But games built for the Switch like Links Awakening, Luigi's Mansion, Astral Chain are doing some impressive things with material shaders and lighting that wouldn't have been possible on the WiiU.
Then games like The Witcher 3 with it's DRAM requirements would have been impossible on the WiiU as well...

Same thing is happening with the jump from the PS4/Xbox One to PS5/Xbox Series X, the new generation are chasing 4k, 60fps, which means that generational leap is being sunk into resolution and framerates. Could you imagine the rendering techniques that could be employed if those consoles operated at 1080P?

Our displays are getting bigger and thus require higher pixel counts.

But yeah, the Switch looks dated, no doubt about it... With some shocking visuals in some games. (Pokemon).
But some games still hold up well all things considered.

Keen on the Switch 2. Hopefully that is also a runaway success.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Switch to me doesn't feel five years old, contrary to the WiiU which was on its last breaths at the end of its life (which never really got running) the outlook for Switch is quite positive with the second round of titles that are coming out this year. Normally these titles would have been delayed for the next generation system, Splatoon 3 for example makes way more sense on Switch 2 than now but it's a big popular title.

Biggest downer for me have been all the WiiU ports, instead of going the Splatoon 2 route and make a sequel for Switch, Nintendo has taken the easy way out to produce titles. Bussiness wise it makes sence as the margins are higher with ports (and they are basically new to everyone, no one had a WiiU), but as an old WiiU owner I have skipped quite a few titles such as Pikmin3, DKC: Tropical Freeze, SM3D World (+ Bowser's Fury) and MK8D, even the announced DLC will not make me buy MK8 again. BotW gets a free pass for me as I skipped the WiiU version and treated it as a launch title.

Having a stable games is prefered, and hopefully the next Switch can provide them in fullHD/4K-DLSS, still most of the titles I play don't require strong hardware. Maybe this is a chicken-egg situation or reap-sow I have talked about in the past, if the market for these hardware instensive games aren't built upon Nintendo hardware then that gaming segment will not demand them; and when someone does, they would just buy the hardware to run such games be it another console or PC. So in this case, I am with Nintendo, I believe the Switch can continue forward for a couple more years as proven by the titles coming this year.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 09 March 2022

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"