By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Before motion controls but she'd moved that controller around like she was getting extra jump from waving it around

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
sethnintendo said:

Before motion controls but she'd moved that controller around like she was getting extra jump from waving it around

Well, as silly as it sounds many people actually to tend to subconsciously perform this action when they play platformer. The movement might help connect to a deeper kind of connection with the character you're playing as.

One of the reasons I love motion controls so much is that I'm one of those people who was already moving my body left and right to dodge obstacles and stuff like that, so flicking my Wiimote to make Mario spin or aiming with gyro or a pointer felt natural and satisfying to me.

Preordered Triangle Strategy. The demo didn't exactly wow me, but it's kind of hard to do that in this genre. It was fun enough, and the team has done right by me with Octopath Traveler and Bravely Default. Went physical and sort of wish I could be playing it now.

House of the Dead remake out on Switch on the 7th of April:

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

House of the Dead remake out on Switch on the 7th of April:

Classic arcade on-rail style shooter isn't the genre I thought would get a revival since the Wii days but freak yeah !

Will get the game on physical once I get the chance 

I know! It's super awesome to see a remake of the best arcade shooters ever!

I am curious how combat will work. I'd like if they show how shooting works and how you have to hold the joycons during gameplay.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Mar1217 said:

Classic arcade on-rail style shooter isn't the genre I thought would get a revival since the Wii days but freak yeah !

Will get the game on physical once I get the chance 

I know! It's super awesome to see a remake of the best arcade shooters ever!

I am curious how combat will work. I'd like if they show how shooting works and how you have to hold the joycons during gameplay.

Yeah, I would want to see the control setup before buying this.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

axumblade said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Holy hell, Nintendo fixed Ocarina of Time’s water temple area! Apparently fog is also fixed and the Paper Mario bug deleting your save file is also fixed! 

https://youtu.be/_yIWZFEcOw0

Good. I am going to finish Oragami King soon and I want to start the OG Paper Mario...

TOK had great setting and certain plots, just the combat mechanics got old fast for me. Paper Mario 1 is such a charming game, prepare to be delighted! The best overall PM will probably always be TTTD, and the best story is hands down Super Paper Mario.

If someone remade SPM into turn based battles with that story, goodness that would be epic! Still, SPM is my favorite 2d side scrolling action platformer game lol.

Playing through Triangle Strategy. A little thing I love is that if you fail missions you don't lose exp. It's sort of like a rouguelike in that regard where if you fail enough you will keep getting stronger and succeed. Or, if you'd prefer, you can simply save beforehand and keep playing at the same level. Really nice way to temper the difficulty beyond the easy mode, which can be toggled at any time.

Mar1217 said:
JWeinCom said:

Playing through Triangle Strategy. A little thing I love is that if you fail missions you don't lose exp. It's sort of like a rouguelike in that regard where if you fail enough you will keep getting stronger and succeed. Or, if you'd prefer, you can simply save beforehand and keep playing at the same level. Really nice way to temper the difficulty beyond the easy mode, which can be toggled at any time.

Oh, I didn't fail so far, still at the beginning but this is nice to know they want you to progress nonetheless. The training challenges are also good ways to make money, style points and xp your characters outside the main chapters.

Didn't realize that you had to keep roland alive. I was using him to lure in enemies.

Mar1217 said:
JWeinCom said:

Didn't realize that you had to keep roland alive. I was using him to lure in enemies.

I mean, you still gotta read the mission objectives before throwing anyone like a pion lol

To be totally honest, I was in an altered state of mind at the time, and forgot.