By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

So hackers hacked Nvidia and they have been releasing some info. One particular note of interest is from their DLSS source code leak:

https://www.techpowerup.com/292479/nvidia-dlss-source-code-leaked

If you look through the source code, you will find: "nvn_dlss_backend.h", "nvndlss.cpp", and "nvn_dlss.cpp"

NVN is the name of the API that the Switch uses: https://archive.fo/45GgZ

There are also other leaks from Nvidia's database regarding the naming structure of Nvidia's upcoming architecture called Lovelace (AD). And a very reliable leaker who has correctly leaked Ampere's entire lineup correctly a year in advanced states that AD10B is going to be built specifically for Tegra.

Now take it with a grain of salt but it is certainly sounding like Switch 2 will be pretty fap worthy.

That really makes me wonder why Nintendo is the only console maker partnering with Nvidia. Maybe AMD is just cheaper?

I guess the Switch would definitely be the best one to fully take advantage of upscaling tech like DLSS. 

Probably because AMD is cheaper but also because of their CPUs. Nvidia doesn't really have a good CPU solution compared to AMD and consoles don't need power efficiency of ARM like mobile devices like the Switch does. Also having x86 across PC, PS5, Series X/S should mean less work for developers even if working with ARM should already be pretty easy compared to past architectures.

Regardless of which though, if the Switch 2 does have DLSS, it will be one hell of a secret sauce.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Capcom just held the whole FGC for ransom.

CaptainExplosion said:
Wyrdness said:

Capcom just held the whole FGC for ransom.

How'd they do that? And is this to do with having a minority stake of their company owned by Sucky Assrapia?

By setting strict rules

Capcom riles FGC with intense Street Fighter 5 legal event guidelines | Shacknews

People thought Nintendo was bad with Smash the new guidelines Capcom have put out is going to shake the FGC on all levels and give them a massive wake up call, remember how people for years were saying "Well other companies work with their communities in tournaments" well this is what those companies were really trying to set up Mike Ross warned them.

I'm going for 3 star gold on all Mario Kart courses. I got them all up to mirror but of course semi struggling with 200cc. Right now I just have 3 200cc 3 star gold. I have all gold but most are 1 or 2 star for 200cc.

I was seeing if anyone has any tips. I picked up two 3 star recently after switching to shy guy along with picking slowest kart that has fast acceleration and good handling/grip. I also just do a jump to turn rather than trying to drift every corner. I still drift as much as I can but seems impossible for some turns. It's just so damn fast even with slowest top speed kart.

Any tips for 200cc would be appreciated.

Around the Network

Just read on a forum that can use Y for acceleration.... I had no clue always just used A. Well using Y makes it a hell a lot easier to drift brake. This should help a lot and hopefully pick up a few more 3 stars in 200cc.

sethnintendo said:

Just read on a forum that can use Y for acceleration.... I had no clue always just used A. Well using Y makes it a hell a lot easier to drift brake. This should help a lot and hopefully pick up a few more 3 stars in 200cc.

You can also just use auto-acceleration. Makes everything easier.

Kakadu18 said:
sethnintendo said:

You can also just use auto-acceleration. Makes everything easier.

Yea just saw someone else suggest that.  Might give it a try. Be one less button to hold down and probably make drift braking easier.   Sometimes try to drift brake while holding item behind holding so many buttons I almost get overwhelmed.  I probably should play more on TV with pro or my good 3rd party controller.  Probably be easier than being so spread out in handheld mode.

Well I was just browsing around target waiting for best buy to open so I can drop off some old electronics to be recycled and holy hell. Was there a week or so ago and they had no switches in stock. They must have gotten a big shipment cause there was at least 12+ regular switches and 4 of the animal crossing limited edition along with like 4 switch lites. Xbox and Sony section had no systems. Nintendo should take this year in sales easily if others can't even keep any stock.

CaptainExplosion said:

I remember trying to teach my mom how to play Mario Kart. It was painful. -_-

I remember trying to teach Mario 1 and it ended with her falling into pit level 1