By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
GoOnKid said:

The original N64 controllers are not uncomfortable.

I literally cannot comprehend this perspective. The N64 was the worst controller for a system I ever owned. Unlike the GameCube, which was the best I've ever owned. Flipping Nintendo lol.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Nintendo does whatever they think is in the best financial interest of the company. I predict we have one or more things going on here:

1) Wii U + 3DS software sales were so low that it was costing them more money to keep their digital stores going for much longer.

2) Wii U + 3DS software sales were so good that it was causing an opportunity cost issue because too many gamers weren't buying into the Switch ecosystem yet due to being happy with what Wii U /3ds offered and weren't getting as much money as they could if they shut those two down to pressure people to upgrade to a Switch.

3) They plan to release many of the Wii U/3ds available games on either Switch eshop or down the line on NSO or NSO+.

I'm 95% sure it is Number 1.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

Just finished the main quest of Arceus. It was pretty good. A nice change of pace for the series. Catching Pokemon is more engaging, and the boss battles are a fun change of pace. Graphics are genuinely ugly in spots. Music though is really good. Story is better than most Pokemon games but feels a bit half baked.

And really that kind of describes the game. It's a little half done. Like, the catching aspect is well done, but battles are rare and there's no PVP, so it feels less rewarding and necessary than it should. The world you do it in is rather basic. There's a lack of puzzles.

So yeah, half baked. But like, really good half baked cookies. And even though they're not fully baked they're still pretty tasty. And I'm kind of ok with that. It you want companies to make changes in formula, you have to be ok if they release things that aren't all the way where they should be. Otherwise, innovation becomes very economically undesirable.

I hope some elements from Arceus are carried into the mainline games, but not all of them. I still prefer Pokemon Sword and Shield overall. I just like battling Pokemon and becoming the best like noone ever was. But this is a good side series, and better than Let's Go (which was fun in its own ways). I think getting separate teams and cycling through the three series may be a good way to go.

Dulfite said:
GoOnKid said:

I literally cannot comprehend this perspective. The N64 was the worst controller for a system I ever owned. Unlike the GameCube, which was the best I've ever owned. Flipping Nintendo lol.

And what bothered you so much?

CaptainExplosion said:
GoOnKid said:

The three hand grips just felt awkward, and the D-Pad was there because they didn't know if the control stick would take off like it did, so in hindsight the D-Pad was mostly useless.

It gave you two control options. For some games, controlling with the D-Pad is superior, for most others it's the control stick. For example fighting games benefitted from the D-Pad and used it extensively. Also, in some games that used the stick there were still some minor functions mapped to the D-Pad. Mostly these were unimportant features that you wouldn't need to use during intense actions since your hand is placed on the control stick. It was very rarely used at all, but it still existed. For example in Turok you could change the movement speed by pressing D-Pad Down.

What bothered you about the grip options? You still control your character with your left hand and you perform actions with your right hand, exactly like with every other controller.

I never used the Dpad, but I never minded it. Having my left hand slightly below my right was a bit odd in terms of hand placement, but it didn't bother me to be honest. Not sure how I'd feel going back to it now though.

Around the Network

Holy hell, Nintendo fixed Ocarina of Time’s water temple area! Apparently fog is also fixed and the Paper Mario bug deleting your save file is also fixed! 

https://youtu.be/_yIWZFEcOw0

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 24 February 2022

Had to buy a new New 3DS XL because mine unfortunately had a run in with a toilet bowl. Just hoping that my save data from the SD card is still good. If it's not I'm going to cry. Also, I'm not sure if the street pass plaza stuff transfers over. I had all the puzzle pieces and will never be able to get them again :'(

CaptainExplosion said:

Just killed Tentalus in Skyward Sword HD. Would've been a scarier boss if it didn't look like Mike Wozowski's girlfriend.

One of my favorite bosses... but yeah, that's an apt description.

CaptainExplosion said:

Just killed Tentalus in Skyward Sword HD. Would've been a scarier boss if it didn't look like Mike Wozowski's girlfriend.

LMAO! That’s a good one! Which is a damn shame because it’s such a good dungeon and an awesome buildup to the boss only to see her and go, WTF?!?

That boss battle in Skyward Sword is actually not bad imo but the appareance of the monster is definitely anticlimatic , especially after such an awesome dungeon. Need to play this game again, I wonder if I'll like it as much as the first time I played it, especially after having experienced BotW's endless freedom.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet (Gen 9) will be holiday titles and the first confirmed holiday titles, wonder how things will be scheduled with the likes of BOTW's sequel and Bayo3 still to be given a time frame.