Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo: The Official Nintendo Thread

Raven said:
GoOnKid said:

Congrats on SoM, I loved it as a kid. I'm in the middle of Super Maro RPG with a similar situation.

What games do you have in your backlog? Name some and let us decide.

I have way too many games on my Switch I haven't yet beaten, it's actually fairly distracting xD

I think I'm going to tackle Star Link next though, it's been on my SD Card for a while and I'd like to finish it and remove it so I can make room for Catherine Full Body.

Sounds good, have fun! Starlink can be quite enjoyable.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
Raven said:

I have way too many games on my Switch I haven't yet beaten, it's actually fairly distracting xD

I think I'm going to tackle Star Link next though, it's been on my SD Card for a while and I'd like to finish it and remove it so I can make room for Catherine Full Body.

It's pretty enjoyable. I had gotten about halfway through it when I got distracted with another game, which is typical for me. The main annoyance I have with it is that the objectives on planets are pretty repetitive, it's hard to stay interested for long play sessions. I like the mixing and matching of ship and weapon parts though, that's a cool idea.

Raven said:
GoOnKid said:

It's pretty enjoyable. I had gotten about halfway through it when I got distracted with another game, which is typical for me. The main annoyance I have with it is that the objectives on planets are pretty repetitive, it's hard to stay interested for long play sessions. I like the mixing and matching of ship and weapon parts though, that's a cool idea.

Would've done so much better without the toys-to-life aspect. I prefer the Switch version because of the Star Fox crossover.

Link's Awakening just arrived in the mail. Gorgeous cover.

I'll saving it for next month since I still gotta finish The Outer Worlds and it looks like they'll be nothing coming out this month or next. Gotta conserve my gaming rations. So 26 days til I play it, that'll be like a fake release date to give me something to look forward to.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Am I the only one who'd like to see a brand new shooter made using the Splatoon engine?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Am I the only one who'd like to see a brand new shooter made using the Splatoon engine?

I'd actually really like to see Nintendo try their hand at an FPS.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Well there was already Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS, developed by Nintendo Software Technology, heard it was pretty good, but would've benefited from a dual thumbstick control scheme.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Well there was already Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS, developed by Nintendo Software Technology, heard it was pretty good, but would've benefited from a dual thumbstick control scheme.

I was thinking something from EPD more along the lines of Overwatch/Paladins, but with a campaign.

curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I was thinking something from EPD more along the lines of Overwatch/Paladins, but with a campaign.

I too would like such a game to be more single player focused. Maybe it can be a revival of an NES-era lightgun game like Wild Gunman or Hogan's Alley.

curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I wonder if people would prefer this with original characters, or would they want it to be another compilation of previous Nintendo characters i.e. Smash and Mario Kart.