Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo: The Official Nintendo Thread

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Bravely Default II is in the "final stage" of development: 

https://gonintendo.com/stories/363990-bravely-default-ii-is-in-the-final-stage-of-development

Just Dance 2020 not the last Wii game; Shakedown Hawaii releases for Nintendo's 2006 console July 9th (And Wii U in August)

https://gonintendo.com/stories/363969-shakedown-hawaii-getting-physical-wii-release-on-july-9th-wii-u

Ok, but why release it on two systems that are clearly not in demand anymore?

Maybe just to get attention; a Wii/Wii U game releasing in 2020 is newsworthy, which is free advertising.

Speaking of the Wii, I just played on mine for the first time in a while, and far out I'd almost forgotten how great the Wiimote + nunchuk is as a controller, it just feels so awesome.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Ok, but why release it on two systems that are clearly not in demand anymore?

Maybe just to get attention; a Wii/Wii U game releasing in 2020 is newsworthy, which is free advertising.

Speaking of the Wii, I just played on mine for the first time in a while, and far out I'd almost forgotten how great the Wiimote + nunchuk is as a controller, it just feels so awesome.

Sweet memories I have of Wii Boxing. ^^ Makes me more thankful for ARMS' existence.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Sweet memories I have of Wii Boxing. ^^ Makes me more thankful for ARMS' existence.

I was always more of a Wii Sports Resort Kendo guy myself.

Games like Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword did a good job of bringing that into a more traditional game format.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Games like Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword did a good job of bringing that into a more traditional game format.

I loved Red Steel 2, but tragically it undersold, most likely because people were still disappointed with the first Red Steel. -_-

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

I loved Red Steel 2, but tragically it undersold, most likely because people were still disappointed with the first Red Steel. -_-

Yeah it probably should've been its own new IP, which it basically was in everything but name.

Red Steel 1 was infamously sucky, but the second was excellent and to this day one of the best showcases of how motion control can enhance gameplay.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Yeah it probably should've been its own new IP, which it basically was in everything but name.

Red Steel 1 was infamously sucky, but the second was excellent and to this day one of the best showcases of how motion control can enhance gameplay.

Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be a spiritual successor to Red Steel 2 on Switch.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be a spiritual successor to Red Steel 2 on Switch.

Even just a game that uses motion as well as RS2 would be hugely welcome to me. Man that game was a workout, after beating a group of baddies you really did feel like you'd just hacked and slashed your way through a tough fight haha. Felt great.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

It didn't help that it required motion plus.

Come to think of it, No More Heroes 3 is an upcoming Switch game that will hopefully leverage motion controls beyond just the usual gyro aiming, at least if it plays like the first two.

So I'm playing Hollow Knight right now, and it's pretty good. One of the better looking Switch games out there so far. It's kinda funny actually, a lot of people seem to be criticizing it for apparently being 720p-900p (there doesn't seem to be any official numbers on it for some reason?) and how it's so noticeable, and I really don't notice it too much. You can sorta tell at very specific instances if you pay attention to how Ghost's (the player character) border light interacts with the environment, but it's not really at the center of the screen or anything. I wouldn't be surprised if it had dynamic resolution even, given how crisp it usually looks. Also runs super smooth, which apparently it didn't originally.

This is in direct contrast to Yoshi, which in my opinion, looked way more noticeably low res, even though it has the same/better resolution. I guess it's really dependent on what the title is.

Zelda fans are the worst