By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

24 hours left.

Around the Network
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Not a Nintendo hacker having Bowser as his last name

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-04-us-government-wants-nintendo-hacker-gary-bowser-behind-bars-for-five-years

If he raped someone, he'd have gotten 6 months.

JWeinCom said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Not a Nintendo hacker having Bowser as his last name

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-04-us-government-wants-nintendo-hacker-gary-bowser-behind-bars-for-five-years

I'm not American but their justice system seems pretty f***ed up.

OT: I wonder if the rumored Metroid Prime remake will happen in tomorrow's Direct.

Link_Nines.XBC said:
JWeinCom said:

OT: I wonder if the rumored Metroid Prime remake will happen in tomorrow's Direct.

Looks like rape sentences can range from 2-8 years in prison, so I'm not sure where JweinCom got 6 months. Either an exaggeration to prove a point or some really uncommon lower sentencing?

Regardless, stealing millions of dollars isn't just stealing from a big company. Profits trickle down. The more profits a company gets, the more likely there are raises, bonuses, and people getting hired. The more profit gets stolen by bootleggers, the more it hurts the working class from earning more and obtaining jobs. That man's decisions hurt hundreds of people's economic situation while benefitting him and his fellow outlaws.

Dulfite said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Looks like rape sentences can range from 2-8 years in prison, so I'm not sure where JweinCom got 6 months. Either an exaggeration to prove a point or some really uncommon lower sentencing?

Regardless, stealing millions of dollars isn't just stealing from a big company. Profits trickle down. The more profits a company gets, the more likely there are raises, bonuses, and people getting hired. The more profit gets stolen by bootleggers, the more it hurts the working class from earning more and obtaining jobs. That man's decisions hurt hundreds of people's economic situation while benefitting him and his fellow outlaws.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/02/us/brock-turner-college-athletes-sentence/index.html

Just to cut off and prevent this from derailing, obviously I was not meaning that literally for every case, but too make a general point about the out of whack way we value financial damage vs sexual trauma. Even looking at purely financial things though, the people who fucked up the whole economy generally got less time than they're asking for here.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Dulfite said:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/02/us/brock-turner-college-athletes-sentence/index.html

Just to cut off and prevent this from derailing, obviously I was not meaning that literally for every case, but too make a general point about the out of whack way we value financial damage vs sexual trauma. Even looking at purely financial things though, the people who fucked up the whole economy generally got less time than they're asking for here.

I don't have a background in laws, but my ex girlfriend was a lawyer and when studying US criminal code she realized USA laws seems a lot more patriomanialist compared to general latin laws, largely based on Roman civic code. 

48 new tracks in Mario Kart 8? How? How is that even possible? That's an absolutely absurd number ESPECIALLY for the price (just a smidge over 50c per track). That's how many courses Mario Kart 8 Deluxe CAME with, and that was the game plus an already impressive 16 additional courses.

Holy crap, I know I might be the only one losing my mind, but anyone who read my top 50 games list knows that I ADORE Mario Kart, and Mario Kart 8 is the best one in my opinion. They coulda just done this as a whole new, 60 dollar game, but nope! DLC. Doubling the number of tracks.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Mar1217 said:
Runa216 said:

48 new tracks in Mario Kart 8? How? How is that even possible? That's an absolutely absurd number ESPECIALLY for the price (just a smidge over 50c per track). That's how many courses Mario Kart 8 Deluxe CAME with, and that was the game plus an already impressive 16 additional courses.

Holy crap, I know I might be the only one losing my mind, but anyone who read my top 50 games list knows that I ADORE Mario Kart, and Mario Kart 8 is the best one in my opinion. They coulda just done this as a whole new, 60 dollar game, but nope! DLC. Doubling the number of tracks.

That's one way to make me play a ton of hours again.

+ the online selection for courses will become wild.

It might become extremely difficult to play the maps you want because there will be too many lol

Yeah, This is a smash Bros Ultimate level of choice. Absurd, if you ask me. In all the right ways. I only stopped playing the game because there wasn't anything new to enjoy and I Still put 100s of hours into it! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BasilZero said:

Today's direct was awesome, wish all game showcases were like this.

Yeah, I genuinely don't know how anyone could look at that direct and think it's bad. disappointed? sure, if you don't like anything. I don't figure I'll play anything in that direct aside from Mario Kart, but one glance at it and I'm over here like 'dude, that was so many games.'

the hint that it wasn't gonna have megatons like Zelda information or a new Mario or Donkey Kong game is the whole 'for games coming out in the first half of 2022'. Like, you think they're just going to out and be like 'oh, Metroid Prime 4 is basically done, it'll be out in May'? Like, they could, but hyping yourself up for that in spite of the reality that the chances of that are super low is silly as hell. 

This presentation reminded me just how much Nintendo has on the horizon. I genuinely thought their 2022 looked barren aside from a potential Zelda. I'm wrong, and I'm happy to be wrong. And this looks like an incredibly strong year for the console. And the direct was exactly what it promised and so much more than anyone should have reasonably expected given the clear 'focusing mainly on games in the first half of 2022' part. VERY clear indicator to temper your expectations. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX