By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Cloud streaming will be the preferred solution for third parties until the Switch 2, see Kingdom Hearts 3 or Hitman 3. Right now Switch has the is the lowest quality services in existence limited to 720p, 30fps with low bitrate. You will need WiFi or docked wired connection, so no true mobile. Control is the only game that seems to run okay as streaming.

"you basically need to be parked next to a WiFi router"

"it's a gabled mess, lots of compression everywhere"

"when viewed on a tv it's absolutely horrific"

Nintendo has to partner with Nvidia Geforce now, the best streaming provider. Switch is based on an Nvidia chipset after all.

Around the Network

Yeah, the way Hitman plays, even with a wired connection, most people definitely wouldn't tolerate. I played it with performance mode, so when the connection was stable the framerate was too, but the resolution was very low and it looked ugly. But I don't mind as long as it doesn't crash.

CaptainExplosion said:

Who else wasn't surprised at all by the #1 pick in this video?

I just played Yoshi's Island without sound.

Also I never found Navi that annoying.

Cloud gaming is rubbish anyway, I wouldn't touch it on any platform.

Still plenty of native third party games coming to Switch; we recently got the likes of Dying Light, World War Z, Shin Megami Tensei V, Darksiders III, etc, and upcoming titles include Triangle Strategy, 13 Sentinels, Touken Ranbu Warriors, Atelier Sophie 2, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Fall Guys, Sonic Frontiers, LOTR Gollum, Amid Evil, etc.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah I'd also be more than happy to wait til 2024 for the next system. I'm loving the Switch so much I am in no rush at all for it to end.

If I wanted graphics I'd built a gaming PC. What matters to me are the games, and with the likes of BOTW2, Bayonetta 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Splatoon 3, etc waiting in the wings, Switch's future looks bright.

What a great character developpement moment Curl has been going through since 2018. I'm so glad you could get over that slump ^^

Thanks! Yeah I had my gloomy times but at this point Switch just has so many awesome games (and many more on the way) that I'm very pleased with how it turned out overall.

Who knows, at the rate it's going I'd say it has a shot at finally dethroning the SNES to become my #1 system of all time by the end of its life.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Kakadu18 said:

There's always something in these videos I didn't know before. It'll never end and the sequel will continue this.

The Legend of Zelda : The Neverending Breath

BasilZero said:

Enjoying Luigi's Mansion 3.

On Floor 10 now.

This is seriously the best game in the series.

I finished the first gamecube version back in 2015, Dark Moon back in 2020 and now playing 3 in 2022.

Not only the visuals but the level designs and the boss battles too.

Maaaaan ... I'm so glad to see people enjoy the heck out of this game, yet I'm one of the odd ones who couldn't click with at all even after getting halfway through the game. Like I can see and feel it's qualities. 

I just simply didn't enjoyed it as much as I thought I would :/

I get that, at first it didn't click with me either. Coming from LM2 I was looking forward to some gun ghost hunting and was disappointed by lack of ghost variety and general lack of ghosts.

But then after the first few floors I started really getting into it. It's focus is more on puzzles and the destructable environments and I ended up having a ton of fun with both and the boss fights. Now it's my favorite LM game.

I went over to Nintendo's website to see if N64 controllers are available again yet...unfortunately they're not :( but, I noticed under the site for N64 that Mario Tennis is included on the list. Which is strange considering Majora's Mask is releasing next. Maybe Mario Tennis will release in March. 

gtotheunit91 said:

I went over to Nintendo's website to see if N64 controllers are available again yet...unfortunately they're not :( but, I noticed under the site for N64 that Mario Tennis is included on the list. Which is strange considering Majora's Mask is releasing next. Maybe Mario Tennis will release in March. 

Mario Tennis was there from the start. Mario Golf will come later.

Kakadu18 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I'm an idiot lol I got confused with Tennis and Golf

gtotheunit91 said:
Kakadu18 said:

I'm an idiot lol I got confused with Tennis and Golf

No big deal, they are very similar anyway. You have a thing in your hand and you hit a ball and the flies.