By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Depends on what elements you disliked about the first 3/4 of the base game.

Torna improves the combat, but if the core gameplay is just not to your liking, it won't change your mind.

I just didn't think the story was that interesting. There main story with Torna, Rex, and Pyra etc was good, but the background political squables between the nations were meh. Gets much more interesting when *spoilers* you get to the world tree and all the other shit takes a back seat. The game was also kind of all over the place with tons of different systems. Upgrading characters, blades, shops, regions, merc missions, salvaging etc etc. When I have too many sidequests available, unless its structured particular well as in Xenoblade X or BOTW, I just kind of don't want to do any of them. 

So, I think a solid overall game could be built on the structure, just don't want to put in 20-30 hours for something that may or may not happen.

Torna still has a lot of sidequests and systems so if you really didn't like that, it probably won't be your thing.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Ok, so Monolith Soft has had a hand in Xenoblade, and Zelda, what would be another good Nintendo IP for them to try their hands with?

Technically correct, but I think calling Xenoblade a Nintendo franchise is odd in this context. It wasn't really a Nintendo series they jumped into, they were the driving force from the begining. And it's a spiritual successor to other work they've done.

I'd be fine with them focussing on their own stuff. If they really HAD to build on an established IP I would say Golden Sun. It's the most traditional RPG I can think of in Nintendo's stable, and that seems to be where they're best. 

CaptainExplosion said:

Ok, so Monolith Soft has had a hand in Xenoblade, and Zelda, what would be another good Nintendo IP for them to try their hands with?

They've also supported development on Smash Bros, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

They've also supported development on Smash Bros, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon.

Smash Bros. I know what you mean, but I don't know exactly what parts they did of Pikmin, Animal Crossing or Splatoon.

Support work, so probably stuff like asset creation, programming, optimization, etc.

Love the Triangle Strategy box art. Almost looks like a legit art piece--

Spoiler!

Around the Network

New Monster Hunter Rise collab:

SegaHeart said:

Mario Kart 9 rumored to include Pikman , Star Fox , Arms etc.

https://www.gamesradar.com/mario-kart-9-could-include-new-racers-from-pikmin-starfox-and-arms/

do you guys think in the future it'll turn into Nintendo all Stars racing? like smash bros? would be cool inviting Sonic and invite Banjo and Kazooie again like they did in Smash Bros?

I'm blushing at the thought of Sega Allstars racing other cast joining this Kart racer? if it turns into Smash Bros Karting?

Did they seriously say in that article that that leaker correctly predicted Diddy Kong Racing would be coming to NSO? When was that confirmed?

CaptainExplosion said:

Anyone here play the NSO version of Banjo-Kazooie? How does it perform?

I'm waiting until I can get an N64 controller for Switch. Although, at a certain point I'll probably just say fuck it and get one that works with emulators.

I wonder what could it be.

Spoiler!
The way I started fantasizing about a new Monolith Soft game being announced or a Nintendo Direct happening next month.

CaptainExplosion said:

I'd rather it was a new Donkey Kong after all these years.

How about this?

https://youtu.be/v5U2KUcc5ZY