By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Persona 4 Arena is coming to the Switch on March 17th 2022.
Why are only the spin offs coming to Switch? First Persona 5 Strikers and now Persona 4 Arena. They should bring Persona 4 Golden to Switch and PS4/PS5 and Persona 5 Royal to Switch and PC.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Why are only the spin offs coming to Switch? First Persona 5 Strikers and now Persona 4 Arena. They should bring Persona 4 Golden to Switch and PS4/PS5 and Persona 5 Royal to Switch and PC.

If SMT V sells great numbers on Switch, they'll really have no excuse why they can't bring Persona on there.

Sold my Switch V2 model and upgraded to the OLED.

Thought it was going to be a quick and painless case of swapping over SD cards to transfer my game/DLC collection like with every single other platform that exists on Earth... Nintendo had other ideas, you have to format the SD card if you transfer between consoles... And I didn't keep my old console either.

Either way. Shit move Nintendo, shit move.
Now I have to download/install several hundred games all over again. Can't believe in 2021 we can't just take our storage to another console and just plug and play.

What a pain in the ass and several hours of wasted time, time that can be better spent on something else.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

dx11332sega said:
Kakadu18 said:

Is it arena vanilla or arena ultimax?

Ultimax

Kakadu18 said:

That's Japanese developers for you. In the same way Monster Hunter Rise could have easily been a multiplatform game but they chose not to. I doubt Nintendo paid for it. Japanese developers just have a habit for making games exclusive to a platform for no real reason.

Edit: Though I just googled and articles are saying the capcom leak in 2020 revealed Nintendo paid $6 million for timed exclusivity to MHR lol.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
Kakadu18 said:

That's Japanese developers for you. In the same way Monster Hunter Rise could have easily been a multiplatform game but they chose not to. I doubt Nintendo paid for it. Japanese developers just have a habit for making games exclusive to a platform for no real reason.

Atlus in that regard is even more nonsensical than most. They brought all Persona 4 spin offs to PS4 but not Persona 4 Golden. Zero logic.

There's at least some logic behind the decision of making separate lines for Monster Hunter.

Kakadu18 said:
Zippy6 said:

Atlus in that regard is even more nonsensical than most. They brought all Persona 4 spin offs to PS4 but not Persona 4 Golden. Zero logic.

There's at least some logic behind the decision of making separate lines for Monster Hunter.

Well it makes sense to have a AAA MH series that pushes the latest consoles to their limit and also a version that is designed to play great on the Switch, but there's little reason that the version designed for Switch shouldn't be on other systems too.

But SMT V being Switch exclusive, Persona 5 being PS4 exclusive, neither of these things make sense.

With the D/P remake hitting 6m in launch week Pokemon is now 14m sales away as a series from hitting the 400m mark effectively the next installment will easily do it if D/P doesn't in its LT.

Wyrdness said:

With the D/P remake hitting 6m in launch week Pokemon is now 14m sales away as a series from hitting the 400m mark effectively the next installment will easily do it if D/P doesn't in its LT.

With PLA it'll definitely hit 400mil next year.