By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Personally, while I wish the trailer showed a bit more campaign gameplay instead of mostly super quick jump cuts of environments and characters, I am really excited for Splatoon 3.

I enjoyed the campaigns of the first two games a lot, the new specials look nice especially the zipcaster and crab tank, and the baby Salmonid buddy mechanic seems cool.

A little extra snippet with him was posted on their website:

Around the Network

Final Smash Ultimate Character leaked:

All joking aside, I could see something like this happening as a joke. We start with voice over narration about the power of hearts, then as the camera pans up to a stained-glass image of sora, the glass shatters and we see all the shards forming seven stars, and then we hear geno's theme, only to have the theme morph into the Halo theme as, behind the glass that is shattered, we see we're on a Halo. But then a portal opens up and Doomslayer comes out, only to be countered by both Spyro and Crash, then when they all turn around they see that both of them are being aimed at by Aloy, Kratos, Nathan drake, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and a bunch of other PS mascots. They all start fighting on the halo ring until Marcus Fenix shows up, and a whole crew from Sea of Thieves....but then it all stops when, coming in on Kirby's stars, the entire cast of Super Smash bros. comes in to finish the fight, only to have Steve and Banjo & Kazooie betray Mario and Link and Kirby by backstabbing.

We get a Lord Of The Rings style battle for the crown or something, with Galeem looking on. Then the camera pans out, and we see that all of the characters are controlled like puppets by string, and all of this is happening on a kid's bed, with dozens of toys all in piles in for quadrants. we then see, the mastermind of it all is a pair of white-gloved hands, controlled by the POV of the audience.

the final character is Master/Crazy hand.

then as a joke it pulls out more and reveals that both gloved hands were on Mickey Mouse, with Nintendo revealing that they sold themselves to Disney.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Huh! sora in Smash? I approve. I was trying to tell myself I didn't want Sora because I felt he was on the same level of 'silly fanboy dreams' as Goku or something, but he's been my #2 most wanted next to Geno for a while now. He also looks like he's fun as hell to play as.

Oh, and Doomslayer as a Mii Gunner outfit is pretty cool, not gonna lie.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Sora in Smash, brought to you by Sora ltd.

I personally don't care all that much about Sora, but the moveset looks really fun, there are more tracks than I expected and they all sound great and the stage looks cool.

Doom Slayer was the big surprise for me. I didn't expect him at all. Making him a Mii costume was a good choice considering his moveset wouldn't have been vastly different if he were a completely new fighter.
I liked the part where he held Mario up in the air by the throat like on the cover of the Switch version of Doom 2016.

Now Sakurai needs to take a long break.

Sora’s keychain probably cost more than Sora himself! XD

That said, I may be in the minority in this, but I would’ve preferred King Mickey, just so we’d have the visual of Mario and Mickey Mouse fighting.
And that’s a hill I will die on damn it!

Around the Network

Fuck, I called Sora yesterday and my brother told me I should post it here but I was like "nah, no point just posting a pointless guess". Should've said something so I'd look all clever and shit now haha

What do you guys think the chances are Nintendo releases a Smash Ultimate "Director's Cut", or something along that line, that has all of the DLC on the cartridge? Like they release it in 2023 for $80. Something similar to what Pokemon Company did with later prints of SwSh having the expansion already on the cartridge.

Even if you don’t like or care for Smash Bros., I hope you take a moment to step back and truly appreciate what Sakurai and his tram was able to accomplish with this game. The massive cast in quantity and diversity that has gone into celebrating this game and video gaming in general is nothing short of legendary. I would even go as far as saying it’s a miracle!
Appreciate it while we can, guys, because a celebration of this magnitude and scale… This will NEVER happen again.

And the best part is... WOOOO FINALLY NO MORE SMASH BROS TAKING UP TIME IN DIRECTS FROM NOW ON!!!

Half kidding, I am happy for those of you who enjoy the game :)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 October 2021

Sora wasn't one of my top choices, but out of the realistic characters, he's the one I'm happiest with. Would have loved for Goofy and Donald to pop in for his Final Smash, but I guess I should be thankful that Disney's lawyers even allowed this.