By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sundin13 said:
curl-6 said:

Can't remember if I posted this already, but the producer of the Fatal Frame series says they'd "love" for the upcoming remaster of Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water to lead to a new entry in the series:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/08/05/a-new-fatal-frame-game-could-be-happening-following-positive-reception-of-maiden-of

Just give me the older games Nintendo! Why is this the only game they are releasing in America?

If you mean the first three games I don't think Nintendo owns the rights to them they only own the rights of the games from the fourth one onward much like Sega own the rights to Bayonetta 1 but everything after is owned by Nintendo, it's why the original three games still released on PS3 after Nintendo purchased the IP Tecmo would decide on the older games themselves.

Around the Network

Switch just got its first official price cut in the EU.

From £280 to £260
From 330eur to 300eur

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-13-nintendo-cuts-price-of-base-switch-model

Wyrdness said:
sundin13 said:

Just give me the older games Nintendo! Why is this the only game they are releasing in America?

If you mean the first three games I don't think Nintendo owns the rights to them they only own the rights of the games from the fourth one onward much like Sega own the rights to Bayonetta 1 but everything after is owned by Nintendo, it's why the original three games still released on PS3 after Nintendo purchased the IP Tecmo would decide on the older games themselves.

They remade Fatal Frame 2 for the Wii but released it in EU/Japan so I assume they have enough of the rights to release a port. That said, I don't really understand the rights to Fatal Frame given Maiden of the Black Water being released on non-Nintendo consoles.

sundin13 said:
Wyrdness said:

They remade Fatal Frame 2 for the Wii but released it in EU/Japan so I assume they have enough of the rights to release a port. That said, I don't really understand the rights to Fatal Frame given Maiden of the Black Water being released on non-Nintendo consoles.

The remake is a separate new ground up title they would have the rights to that but not the original game, Maiden is being released because Nintendo are allowing it like they did W101 they still own the rights but are open to more niche older titles having multiplatform releases to make money off the ports a new Project Zero would be kept exclusive.

sundin13 said:
curl-6 said:

Can't remember if I posted this already, but the producer of the Fatal Frame series says they'd "love" for the upcoming remaster of Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water to lead to a new entry in the series:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/08/05/a-new-fatal-frame-game-could-be-happening-following-positive-reception-of-maiden-of

A modded Wii or Wii U can get you access to the remake of 2 and to 4, both of which are excellent games. That said, if you haven't played Maiden of Black Water, I would definitely recommend it if you're a fan of old school slower paced horror in the vein of the early Silent Hill games.

Around the Network

Only a handful of reviews out for Eastward so far, but looking pretty solid!

So, I'm planning on starting Monster Hunter Rise with a friend, but I just remembered that the Switch doesn't have proper voice chat (what the fuck, Nintendo). What do people around here do for voice chat + game audio?

sundin13 said:

So, I'm planning on starting Monster Hunter Rise with a friend, but I just remembered that the Switch doesn't have proper voice chat (what the fuck, Nintendo). What do people around here do for voice chat + game audio?

I actually play without chat myself, but common solutions are using an app like discord (or just call them since it's a friend) on your phone/laptop either on loudspeaker or with one earbud so you can still hear the game. It's a bit of a silly omission, but it can be worked around.

sundin13 said:

What do people around here do for voice chat + game audio?

We play MH World instead :p 

Joking. There is a app you can download to use voice chat, but I hate it. I use discord chat rooms when playing Splatoon and overall it works better, I find the idea of using another app to do something Switch should do by itself is annoying but I can't think something better 

Speaking of Monster Hunter Rise