By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:

This sums up how Nintendo has been as of late.

"Well, we like your money, but we don't like you." ~Furukawa to Nintendo fans.

You're on a roll now, huh? You're blaming him for things that you assume he did or did not, but how about catching a breath and chill for a second? Yes, you can be dissapointed about the Switch online games, that's fine. But please don't try to find silly reasons and connections that don't exist. I think in the according news article SanAndreasX has already explained why some high profile games don't come to the service.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
CaptainExplosion said:

This sums up how Nintendo has been as of late.

"Well, we like your money, but we don't like you." ~Furukawa to Nintendo fans.

You're on a roll now, huh? You're blaming him for things that you assume he did or did not, but how about catching a breath and chill for a second? Yes, you can be dissapointed about the Switch online games, that's fine. But please don't try to find silly reasons and connections that don't exist. I think in the according news article SanAndreasX has already explained why some high profile games don't come to the service.

Yeah to give one example the rights to Earthbound's music is owned by Sony (look up recent news on Sony copyright striking Earthbound videos on YT) which means they'd likely have to agree for the game's release.

Wyrdness said:
GoOnKid said:

Yeah to give one example the rights to Earthbound's music is owned by Sony (look up recent news on Sony copyright striking Earthbound videos on YT) which means they'd likely have to agree for the game's release.

Well that sucks. The game was released on 3DS virtual console. Guess Sony got a share of that money.

Would be great if they'd go out of their way to make it possible to release more relevant games on NSO, but they probably don't want to pay Square Enix etc. for that.

Marth said:
Kakadu18 said:

Well that sucks. The game was released on 3DS virtual console. Guess Sony got a share of that money.

Would be great if they'd go out of their way to make it possible to release more relevant games on NSO, but they probably don't want to pay Square Enix etc. for that.

I think Final Fantasy 1-6 and it's target platforms shows that Square wants to have full control over their library.

Which is probably also what makes Super Mario RPG difficult.

That's a big bummer.

CaptainExplosion said:
GoOnKid said:

Last I checked it's acceptable to blame the company's CEO for it's biggest mistakes at the time, just like we used to be able to blame Jeff Bezos for inadequate wages and poor working conditions for Amazon warehouses.

Firstly, how is this even remotely comparable lol. Secondly, if THAT is the biggest problem then Nintendo is doing pretty good, I'd say.

Look, it's alright. You feel let down. I understand. You can vent.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Just finished File 9 in Astral Chain and holy moly, this game is epic. Unless the last three files are bad, it's worthy to stand alongside the likes of Bayonetta 1 + 2 and Vanquish as one of Platinum's best.

Also, it took me til now to realize there's sprint and slide commands haha. If the game ever told me, I forgot. XD 

I thought the low point of the game is chapter 6 because it's so damn long relative to the others. Astral Chain closes out on a high note, so the final two chapters shouldn't disappoint you. Yes, only two.

File 12 is post-game where you can freely move in the office to talk to everyone again, but first and foremost it's all about accepting a huge amount of combat challenges from Olive. So there's no more balanced content anymore as the focus shifts entirely to the combat gameplay. If you've enjoyed that, there's plenty more to do in the game, but take note that the difficulty level is predetermined, so eventually it gets brutal. Should be roughly 20 challenges on medium difficulty, roughly 20 on medium-hard and then about 30 which are tough stuff.

The hard ones are insane. Played through the whole game again to upgrade my legions to maximum and get better to finish those and it was worth it.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Just finished File 9 in Astral Chain and holy moly, this game is epic. Unless the last three files are bad, it's worthy to stand alongside the likes of Bayonetta 1 + 2 and Vanquish as one of Platinum's best.

Also, it took me til now to realize there's sprint and slide commands haha. If the game ever told me, I forgot. XD 

I thought the low point of the game is chapter 6 because it's so damn long relative to the others. Astral Chain closes out on a high note, so the final two chapters shouldn't disappoint you. Yes, only two.

File 12 is post-game where you can freely move in the office to talk to everyone again, but first and foremost it's all about accepting a huge amount of combat challenges from Olive. So there's no more balanced content anymore as the focus shifts entirely to the combat gameplay. If you've enjoyed that, there's plenty more to do in the game, but take note that the difficulty level is predetermined, so eventually it gets brutal. Should be roughly 20 challenges on medium difficulty, roughly 20 on medium-hard and then about 30 which are tough stuff.

mZuzek said:
Kakadu18 said:

The hard ones are insane. Played through the whole game again to upgrade my legions to maximum and get better to finish those and it was worth it.

Honestly, after my first playthrough on casual even the first batch already felt insane, I gave up on them pretty quickly. Thankfully there's no story content locked behind any of it, not even flavor text or anything, so it's not like you're missing out if you don't feel like going for it. After my second playthrough the gameplay really started to flow and I got through all of the post-game, they can be some pretty satisfying challenges to complete.

Also, personally I think File 6 is the high point of the game. That chapter just adds so much to the worldbuilding and makes this game so much more than it otherwise is. Sector V shows a completely different side of the game's world, which otherwise feels pretty generic, and Kyle steals the show. The chapter's pretty long and drawn out, yeah, but I feel it remains interesting throughout and is paced amazingly well in how it builds up to its insane ending.

I'm not sure I'd say it's my favorite chapter, because the last one is breathtaking, but I do feel like it's the one that adds the most to the game. As in, if you were to remove any chapter from Astral Chain, File 6 is the one where it'd impact the game most negatively.

Ah, so File 11 is the finale of the story, got it. I just finished 10 so I'll get stuck into 11 tonight.

I actually quite enjoyed File 6 as mzuzek says the worldbuilding, but also for that chase through the raging storm at the end with the awesome music, using your legion to tap into the security cameras and feed them into your Iris so you can track your suspect through the chaos.

My favourite so far was probably 9 though, for how epic it was. Trying out the newly acquired Axe legion, the fights with Jena, the motorbike sequence,

Spoiler!
the first fusion, Jena's death scene,

all great.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 July 2021

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

the motorbike sequence

Yeah I thought it was cool too until I decided I wanted to get S+ rank in everything.

Never try to get S+ rank in everything.

I'm playing on casual so I don't even get rankings, which is probably for the best haha. I don't play games to be stressed out or pushed to my limits, I play games to relax.

Astral Chain's final boss sucks, one of the most frustrating I think I've ever fought in my life.

Between him having way, way too much HP and taking forever to die, to his attacks always being in a constant lightspeed flurry where you can perfect dodge three times in a row and still be hit, I felt like I had to cheese the game by just riding around the dog most of the time just to beat him. Way too much of a difficulty spike and extremely annoying.

It felt as though the difficulty has suddenly been jacked up to "hard", and as someone who was playing on casual for a reason, this was like being told your pizza is vegetarian only to find a piece of salami in the last bite.

Extremely not fun and the only serious blemish on an otherwise excellent game.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 24 July 2021

curl-6 said:

Astral Chain's final boss is the worst boss I've ever played in my entire life. Disgusting.

Weird, I found it epic and fun. Challenging but fun.