By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Runa216 said:
Kakadu18 said:

This new DK won't be in 3D sadly. Will be interesting to see how they distinguish it from DKC, since it won't have "Country" in it's name.

Have you got any evidence to support this claim? did I miss it in the article? Do you know something the rest of us don't? 

It's in the article, yes.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Kakadu18 said:

This new DK won't be in 3D sadly. Will be interesting to see how they distinguish it from DKC, since it won't have "Country" in it's name.

Have you got any evidence to support this claim? did I miss it in the article? Do you know something the rest of us don't? 

Also nice, now Nintendo just has to prove me wrong with an original 2D Zelda, an original 2D Mario, etc.

ARamdomGamer said:

Finally a sequel to Jungle Beat

Please god no. An original DK game on Switch deserves better than to be relegated to gimmickry. Just give us a quality core game like the DKC entries.

curl-6 said:
ARamdomGamer said:

Finally a sequel to Jungle Beat

Please god no. An original DK game on Switch deserves better than to be relegated to gimmickry. Just give us a quality core game like the DKC entries.

Well Jungle Beat is a high quality platformer, I don't know if you played it, but the bongo controls were very intuitive for it, plus it could be played with a regular controller, overall a very creative game.

ARamdomGamer said:
curl-6 said:

Well Jungle Beat is a high quality platformer, I don't know if you played it, but the bongo controls were very intuitive for it, plus it could be played with a regular controller, overall a very creative game.

I actually didn't know it supported a regular controller so I learned something new today, but I'd still rather a game not be built around something as gimmicky as beat controls, the levels in JB seem quite simplistic compared to the country games as a result.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 May 2021

Around the Network

I'd love a new donkey kong by ead tokyo Jungle beat is my second favorite donkey kong game behind tropical freeze. I never used the bongo controls on jungle beat tho it was borrowed from a friend who just gave me the disc.

Managed to secure a copy of Astral Chain so I can finally get around to giving it a shot, though who knows when that will happen with Monster Hunter having taken over my gaming life, my backlog still not finished, and presumably more releases in the coming months.

In Nintendo news:

"Many" new titles coming this FY according to the president: https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-discusses-current-scale-of-active-users-on-switch-many-new-titles-planned-for-fiscal-year/

“Our software development costs, which include outsourcing, are increasing as we work to maintain a continuous stream of new titles for Nintendo Switch as it enters the middle of its lifecycle. Because per-title development costs are higher now than they were on past platforms, we anticipate that R&D expenses will continue to rise as we work to maintain a sizeable lineup of titles." https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-comments-on-its-rising-rd-costs/

curl-6 said:

Managed to secure a copy of Astral Chain so I can finally get around to giving it a shot, though who knows when that will happen with Monster Hunter having taken over my gaming life, my backlog still not finished, and presumably more releases in the coming months.

Astral Chain is fantastic, my fourth favorite game ever and my second favorite Switch game. The story isn't the best but the gameplay is one of the best I've ever had the pleasure with.

curl-6 said:

In Nintendo news:

"Many" new titles coming this FY according to the president: https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-discusses-current-scale-of-active-users-on-switch-many-new-titles-planned-for-fiscal-year/

“Our software development costs, which include outsourcing, are increasing as we work to maintain a continuous stream of new titles for Nintendo Switch as it enters the middle of its lifecycle. Because per-title development costs are higher now than they were on past platforms, we anticipate that R&D expenses will continue to rise as we work to maintain a sizeable lineup of titles." https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-comments-on-its-rising-rd-costs/

So much for the successor in 2023.

Kakadu18 said:
curl-6 said:

Astral Chain is fantastic, my fourth favorite game ever and my second favorite Switch game. The story isn't the best but the gameplay is one of the best I've ever had the pleasure with.

Did you ever make a top 50 games post by chance? If not, could you tell your top 10? Now I'm curious . I love rankings!