By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Withe the 3D Mario collection likely to be a September or November drop, Pikmin 3 in October, and potentially 3D World as well, that doesn't leave much room for a new unannounced first party game.

You could have said the same thing last year. With Links Awakening+Switch Lite in Sept, Luigis Mansion in Oct and Pokemon in Nov, that doesn't leave much room for a new first party game.

Despite that we got Ring Fit released in Oct, like a month after being announced.

Fair enough, but if that's the kind of thing they could announce, I'm not really into these experimental type things like Ring Fit, Labo, or 1-2 Switch. I'd want something more meaty. 

A game doesn't necessarily have to be a major Nintendo production either. If I just got, say, No More Heroes III dated for October and Doom Eternal for November, that'd be enough for to keep me happy for a while.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 07 August 2020

Around the Network

Nintendo is having a really weird year. They are in a bit of a game drought - certainly if you discount the remasters - and yet sales are through the roof .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Nintendo is having a really weird year. They are in a bit of a game drought - certainly if you discount the remasters - and yet sales are through the roof .

One of the games they released this year is already the Switch's second biggest game, but beyond that it's the incredibly wealthy library it's built up with the knowledge that more is still to come driving sales. Their output of new games this year is a bit disappointing for sure but there are many games on my backlog and many games I already own worth replaying so this lull is actually kinda nice in a way.

I know we did this a lot with Wii U, but with Switch I'm much more confident in saying the drought this year will mean next year is full of great new games. 

Take it with a grain of salt, but apparently in the preorder page for Crash Bandicoot 4, there's references to an as yet unannounced Switch version. (And also PC)

If it follows a similar pattern to the N.Sane and Spyro trilogies, the Switch port should arrive around this time next year.

curl-6 said:

Take it with a grain of salt, but apparently in the preorder page for Crash Bandicoot 4, there's references to an as yet unannounced Switch version. (And also PC)

If it follows a similar pattern to the N.Sane and Spyro trilogies, the Switch port should arrive around this time next year.

Pretty obvious that it will come to the Switch. Same thing with the collection, so it will go the same way.

Around the Network

OTBWY said:
curl-6 said:

Pretty obvious that it will come to the Switch. Same thing with the collection, so it will go the same way.

They'd be crazy not to when the N.Sane Trilogy sold over a million in six months in physical copies only, according to VGChartz tracking. This seems to be their MO, release the Switch version a year later, probably to get some of those who got it on PS4/Xbone but own a Switch to double-dip. It's annoying, but I'm 90% sure we'll eventually get Crash 4 on the Switch.

One of these things is not like the others.
One of these things just doesn't belong.
Can you tell me which thing is not like the others.
Before I finish my song.

ERRRR.

Funny, but no. Guess again.

ERRRR.

Wrong again. 

I’ll give you a hint. Check the lower left hand corner of all the cases.