By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Who's ready for a double yoshi exploshi?

Around the Network

So I just now took my right (neon-red) Joycon apart to replace the stick.

It wasn't clicking anymore, ever since one of the first times I played my Switch. I don't know what happened, I never ever since the NES have had even the tiniest part of a Nintendo system break, but oh well. Can't really fault them for the first small defect in 30 years. Ordered a spare stick from some Chinese vendor on eBay, which looks and feels exactly like the real thing. The screwdriver that came with it was shit though so sadly the nice black screws in my Joycon don't look so neat anymore. But anyway everything's working perfectly again. Yay me!

"In addition to announcing a single-player RPG prequel of Octopath Traveler for smartphones, the official Twitter account shared that a new console game is in production, but it might take a bit longer.

“For those of you waiting for a new console game, we apologize, but we’ll need more time for production, so in the meantime we hope you’ll enjoy this,” the account tweeted in regards to the upcoming smartphone game while also revealing a new console game is in the works.

Octopath Traveler released worldwide for Nintendo Switch in July 2018."

Read more at https://www.siliconera.com/2019/03/08/octopath-travelers-official-twitter-account-mentions-a-new-console-game/#mrFTKTBWr8pIDmmU.99

What did I say? WHAT DID I SAY?

Ok but seriously ... good for you Octopath fans

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
"In addition to announcing a single-player RPG prequel of Octopath Traveler for smartphones, the official Twitter account shared that a new console game is in production, but it might take a bit longer.

“For those of you waiting for a new console game, we apologize, but we’ll need more time for production, so in the meantime we hope you’ll enjoy this,” the account tweeted in regards to the upcoming smartphone game while also revealing a new console game is in the works.

Octopath Traveler released worldwide for Nintendo Switch in July 2018."

Read more at https://www.siliconera.com/2019/03/08/octopath-travelers-official-twitter-account-mentions-a-new-console-game/#mrFTKTBWr8pIDmmU.99

What did I say? WHAT DID I SAY?

Ok but seriously ... good for you Octopath fans

I just hope that the next game in the series is able to tie the cast together in a more enjoyable way. The first game didn't really provide much more than minor interactions between the main cast, unfortunately.

Finally gave the Daemon X Machina demo a shot, and the first three mission were ok enough for me, perhaps not $60 ok, but ok. The fourth mission though, holy hell. It's so bad and annoying that the game is now getting pretty darn close to a no-buy for me. I don't mind fights that get chaotic but this is just way too messy. There are so many potential targets on screen that the targeting system goes bananas and most of the time I have no idea what I'm actually shooting at. And what really infuriates me is that the colossal you're fighting doesn't give a damn about the area restrictions and way too many times I've been sandwiched between it and the area border, and if you get pushed beyond the area border the game takes control of your Arsenal and either slowly or quickly, depending on its mood, moves you back to the fight. I get that you need area restrictions, that's a no-brainer, but for the love of god don't have the enemies move too close to the border, that's a recipe for disaster.

My last serious issue isn't exclusive to this game. Developers, for fucks sake, give players the option to simply restart a level without forcing them to go through menus, mission briefings, etc. Please, don't be idiots, include a restart mission option. Seriously.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Doing it would take way more ressources than it took them previously to be honest. More interactivity between them might kill the freedom you get while exploring the first Chapter section of the game since they would have to scripted the events in a tighter way. I don't see them doing it but if they can find something else than just the banter conversation then I'm fine with it.

Yeah it would impact freedom quite a bit the best they can do is maybe have sidequests where all of that can take place that way it wouldn't impact the structure and freedom of the game.

Mar1217 said:

Well, I guess my spatial skills are better than I thought cuz after my failure on the first try, I did it quite on my subsequent tries. 

Admitedly, the aiming system is quite confusing at times but usually it goes for where your aim is and/or the nearest target you're from. 

It's a game that ask a lot from investments with the player to master it's mechanics. Also ... getting better parts from previous missions help a lot.

Though, I completly agree with the "no restart" part. It is quite the missing feature :/ 

But hey, I heard it was just a demo made with the E3 demo build so I guess the game is way further ahead in production and they probably changed lots of obvious things.

I managed to finish it. The boss got a lot easier once I realised I had a bazooka weapon I could equip instead of my stupid shield. I guess the aiming is something one could get used to, but I really want a restart option and the issue with big enemies getting close to the border still irks me. On my succesful try I got into a situation where the Colossal hit me so I flew passed the border, and all I could do was watch as the game took control and moved me right in front of the boss while it prepared another attack that once again pushed me beyond the border. Needless to say, it didn't make me happy.

If there's one thing they need to fix in Daemon X Machina its the framerate., Good grief it's fucking awful, you'd get a smoother ride in a monster truck with flat tyres on the surface of Mars.

Anyway, in other news, Octopath has now sold 1.5 million: https://gamingbolt.com/octopath-traveler-crosses-1-5-million-units-in-sales-worldwide-follow-up-console-game-in-development

Nintendo Switch eShop Bestsellers as of 3/9/2019

# United States United Kingdom Japan
1 Mario x Rabbids Kingdom Battle The Way Remastered
Together! The Battle Cats
2 Just Dance 2019 Mario x Rabbids Kingdom Battle Final Fantasy IX
3 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Valkyria Chronicles Undertale
4 New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Final Fantasy IX Minecraft
5 Final Fantasy IX Minecraft Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
6 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Undertale Human Fall Flat
7 World of Final Fantasy Maxima Stardew Valley Stardew Valley
8 Minecraft Trials Rising (NEW) Overcooked! 2
9 Stardew Valley Sonic the Hedgehog Dragon Quest Builders 2
10 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
11 Undertale Crash N-Sane Trilogy Splatoon 2
12 Jumping Joe! and Friends Ape Out (NEW) Minna de Kuuki Yomi
13 Hollow Knight Hollow Knight Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
14 Super Mario Party Final Fantasy VII (Pre-Order) Fitness Boxing
15 Child of Light Super Smash Bros. Ultimate The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
16 Final Fantasy VII (Pre-Order) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
17 StarLink: Battle for Atlas ToeJam and Earl Back in the Groove! (NEW) Ultimate Chicken Horse
18 ToeJam and Earl Back in the Groove! (NEW) Sega Mega Drive Classics Hollow Knight
19 Super Mario Odyssey Trivial Pursuit Live! Dragon Quest X
20 WarGroove Football Manager 19 Touch Modern Combat Blackout
21 UNO Just Dance 2019 Super Mario Party
22 Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu! WarGroove Overcooked!
23 Overcooked! Overcooked! Atelier Arland series Deluxe Pack
24 Ape Out (NEW) Robonauts Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (NEW)
25 Trials Rising (NEW) Rayman Legends Dead Cells
26 Crash N-Sane Trilogy Out Run Smashing the Battle
27 Monopoly Rocket League Hexologic
28 South Park: The Stick of Truth Monopoly Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
29 Rayman Legends Super Mario Party Tin Tin
30 Overcooked! 2 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Diablo III Eternal Collection

Even though it's due to a discount, that's quite impressive for Mario x Rabbids!