By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-luigi-developer-alphadream-references-switch-in-recruitment-listing/

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-luigi-developer-alphadream-references-switch-in-recruitment-listing/

Yeah I posted earlier. Hopefully this means that a new Mario & Luigi game for the Switch isn't too far off.

Ulternia said:
I loved Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga but I’d be okay with the franchise dying if it meant we got a proper Paper Mario again.

Even when M&L and Paper Mario were good, they were able to exist alongside one another without hurting sales. It seems like Nintendo doesn't know what it is we liked about those games, because neither fills the niche that either used to fill. It's not like M&L is now Nintendo's Paper Mario or vice versa, both were story-driven Mario adventures with lovable characters and great humor, and each gave a unique twist to the turn based RPG mechanic that made it fun. Paper Mario had the partner system and the fourth wall breaking, and M&L had the ability to interact during your enemy's turn such that you could completely avoid the attack with enough skill. M&L still has some of that gameplay, but now focuses way too much on stupid special move and item based minigames. Paper Mario gave up the partner system altogether and exchanged fourth wall breaking for stupid paper gimmicks. Add to that the fact that the writing for both games has gone downhill, with less focus on interesting characters and simplified storylines, and all the games have now is the occasional flash of the old humor.

No, what both series need is for their respective developers, and Nintendo, to get their heads out of their collective asses, stop trying to "innovate" by changing what works just for the sake of changing, and start writing good stories again, with creative characters, not just Toads or the core Mario characters, and put the gameplay back to what made it great. Then we can have two great series again instead of two empty husks of what they once were.

RavenXtra said:
Wyrdness said:

Yeah I posted earlier. Hopefully this means that a new Mario & Luigi game for the Switch isn't too far off.

It probably is far off if they're only just now hiring for HD development and still have that 2019 (lol) BIS remake to finish. We should sooner see a new Paper Mario game.

Nintendo's "Illegal" Pre-Order System Issue Has Been Passed On To German Authorities

"Earlier this year, the Norwegian Consumer Council argued that four major online gaming stores had broken the Norwegian Consumer Act by employing consumer-unfriendly (and potentially illegal) pre-ordering systems. Valve, Sony, and EA were under fire for not obtaining "express consent from the consumer and his acknowledgement that he thereby loses his right of withdrawal", whereas Nintendo was in even deeper trouble by failing to offer consumers any option to cancel software pre-ordered on the eShop - a system which is in violation of Norwegian and European right of appeal.

Nintendo was previously approached by the NCC to alter the pre-order system but reportedly ignored this request. If German authorities side with the NCC, agreeing that the system breaks EU laws - and if Nintendo chooses to ignore any requests once again - the issue could end up in EU courts."

Read more at NintendoLife

Pokémon GO Players Spend More Than $2 Million A Day, Total Revenue Surpasses $1.8 Billion

"Everyone and their cat has likely heard of Pokémon GO at this stage; two years ago this week, Niantic and The Pokémon Company's monster-catching simulator took the world by storm, generating a buzz around the world that was pretty much unheard of for a video game. New estimates have now revealed that it's still going from strength to strength, with total revenue now having surpassed a whopping $1.8 billion.

The game has, of course, dwindled slightly since that initial super-launch back in 2016, but players continue to spend over $2 million every single day worldwide. Despite falling from the top spot of revenue earners, which it managed to hold for 74 consecutive days in its first summer, it's still standing strong in the top ten in 21 countries around the world."

Read more at NintendoLife

Last edited by Raven - on 09 July 2018

Around the Network

Definitely picking this up, and hopefully a physical edition.

The NS already has to many games for me to try at this point. I only have so much free time .
But i'm happy for others and Nintendo .

I'm craving for a good RPG so Wasteland 2 is on my short list.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Gyro/motion controls are being added to the Nintendo Switch version of Fortnite in v5.0!

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v5-0

Updated icon as well;

Last edited by Green098 - on 12 July 2018

New Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee new incoming, makes sense with pre-orders opening in Japan tomorrow.

Green098 said:

New Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee new incoming, makes sense with pre-orders opening in Japan tomorrow.

Moment I saw Magikarp this became 100% buy.