By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
IcaroRibeiro said:

Engage looks like a huge downgrade from Three Houses in story, characters and setting 

It's not confirmed to have multiple routes, so I'm expecting to be a downgrade in replayability as well, but I'm waiting to see if choices affect unlocking some characters and showing details of the story 

Graphics seems to be an improvement. Almost nothing was revealed about the gameplay, but I'm not a fan of the gimmick of using old characters to fight

So far I'm feeling this to be a very lukewarm game unfortunately, similar to how Fates feels after Awakening

Engage looks like a celebration game for 30 years of Fire Emblem, so naturally its game universe will lack coherence.

I am not a fan of multiple routes when the majority of the length is virtually identical across the different routes. This made Three Houses the least replayable FE game for me, outside of the awful Echoes: Shadows of Valentia which wasn't even worth completing once. Three Houses also had the monastery which wasted a whole lot of time.

If Engage is to Three Houses what Fates was to Awakening, then that's at least an improvement. Unfortunately, I think the times of high strategy FE are over as the overload of skills per character isn't going to go away. There are reasons why I keep replaying Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn so often; one is because they are on home consoles, two is because they are battles of digestable numbers that can be completely calculated before taking action instead of having dozens of potential modifiers that could come into effect.

CaptainExplosion said:

Hmm..

This almost sounds too good to be true.

Backwards compatibility is pretty much assured when the Switch's successor will use an Nvidia chipset again. It would be strange if it were different.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Engage looks like a huge downgrade from Three Houses in story, characters and setting 

It's not confirmed to have multiple routes, so I'm expecting to be a downgrade in replayability as well, but I'm waiting to see if choices affect unlocking some characters and showing details of the story 

Graphics seems to be an improvement. Almost nothing was revealed about the gameplay, but I'm not a fan of the gimmick of using old characters to fight

So far I'm feeling this to be a very lukewarm game unfortunately, similar to how Fates feels after Awakening

Engage looks like a celebration game for 30 years of Fire Emblem, so naturally its game universe will lack coherence.

I am not a fan of multiple routes when the majority of the length is virtually identical across the different routes. This made Three Houses the least replayable FE game for me, outside of the awful Echoes: Shadows of Valentia which wasn't even worth completing once. Three Houses also had the monastery which wasted a whole lot of time.

If Engage is to Three Houses what Fates was to Awakening, then that's at least an improvement. Unfortunately, I think the times of high strategy FE are over as the overload of skills per character isn't going to go away. There are reasons why I keep replaying Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn so often; one is because they are on home consoles, two is because they are battles of digestable numbers that can be completely calculated before taking action instead of having dozens of potential modifiers that could come into effect.

CaptainExplosion said:

Hmm..

This almost sounds too good to be true.

Backwards compatibility is pretty much assured when the Switch's successor will use an Nvidia chipset again. It would be strange if it were different.

Strange is putting it lightly. It'd be a wasted opportunity if they didn't do it.

Him description of the game while3 unboxing feel great.

I hope b/c becomes available for Switch.

I got so many games on it and I dont think my current Switch will last long enough to play them all.

I might get myself a OLED switch next year or the year after....unless the successor is b/c.

So, with Black Friday going all, does anyone know where can I find good joycon replacements? Not official ones, those have failed me already, some good 3rd party option that doesn't drift.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

So, with Black Friday going all, does anyone know where can I find good joycon replacements? Not official ones, those have failed me already, some good 3rd party option that doesn't drift.

Not familiar with any notable brands....dont even think Hori makes any either

https://www.imore.com/best-third-party-joy-cons-nintendo-switch

Good luck finding what you want.

Edit: Officially Licensed Hori Split Pad Pro but its a bit different from regular joycons.

Darwinianevolution said:

So I have these https://www.amazon.com/binbok-Controller-Wireless-Replacement-Adjustable/dp/B08ZH4XXNY

Overall, they've served me very well but the build quality obviously isn't at the level of, say, the Pro Controller.  But they work well, they can be used wirelessly as a controller like the joycon, and they also make handheld mode a lot more comfortable.

One word of caution, there are apparently some quality control issues that have occurred in the past, but mine have been fine.

I just bought Fire emblem warriors Three hopes and Mario Party Superstars off of Amazon digitally.

I thought that all the games advertised was going to be $40 but I managed to get Mario Party for $30 instead while Fire Emblem was $40.

Edit: Zelda BotW is $30 - pretty good deal since every time it has gone on sale in the last several months always been $40.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 20 November 2022

IcaroRibeiro said:

I enjoyed the more grounded approach in Three Houses, so I'm also feeling meh about this one. As someone who only started the series with Awakening, the gimmick of having old characters come back doesn't do much for me.

I'm stoked for Maple Treeway!!! Once DK Mountain hopefully gets added, I'll be complete!